Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
    Ferentz will find a way to lose.
    Yup

Comment

• Much better effort in the 2nd half. Well really, much better effort by the defense. Offense was pretty good all day.

Comment

• Yeah, offense was nails all day. But for the ridiculous 85 yard TD pass, defense got shit straightened up. I'll take it. 19 in a row.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• When Roby got tossed the announcers made it sound like a huge deal. I was just "meh". He was torched against both Wisconsin and Northwestern.

Comment

• Yeah, but Reeves has a long way to go. He was beat for the last 2 Iowa TDs.

Interesting that Roby gets tossed without actually make contact with the head.

Comment

• Yeah Gilmore kept saying there was helmet to helmet...but there wasn't. He led with his helmet but actually made first contact with the guy's shoulder, from what I saw.

Comment

• Nice to see Ohio get punished for barely beating a now 3 loss Iowa in the latest Coaches' Poll, dropped to 4th and will likely continue to fall.

But don't stop believin'......
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Coaches poll isn't out, yet. Ohio State held steady at #4 in the AP.

I wouldn't be surprised if FSU is #3 in coaches given how impressive they were. OSU is #4 in my book. And, incidentally, M is nationally irrelevant, AS PER USUAL. Enjoy Hoke. LOL.

Comment

• Best coaching staff in the county. No difference between Hoke and Saban

Comment

• Correct.

And OSU is justifiably #4 in coaches. Small margin, but fair. Baylor is #5 in the coaches and Missouri is #7. M, Wisky and UNL hanging out in the 20-25 range in both polls.

Comment

• USA Today Week 8

RANK SCHOOL (FIRST-PLACE VOTES) RECORD POINTS LAST WEEK

1 Alabama 7-0 1,544 1
                        2 Oregon 7-0 1,482 2
                        3 Florida State 6-0 1,410 5
                        4 Ohio State 7-0 1,382 3
                        5 Baylor 6-0 1,255 12
                        6 Miami (Fla.) 6-0 1,186 11
                        7 Missouri 7-0 1,184 14
                        8 Stanford 6-1 1,117 13
                        9 Texas Tech 7-0 981 15
                        10 Clemson 6-1 913 4
                        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• It's possible Wisky doesn't lose another game. They should be favored against everyone they have remaining. BYU probably the toughest test

Comment

• Yeah. I'd say the next two are the only real potential stumbling blocks. Would have been nice to see OSU finish off Wisky in the 4th as they should have. Oh well, complaining about wins isn't so bad.

Comment

• DSL will you still join your delusional cohort in Pasadena, the projected BCS Poll reflects the same.

Unless you apply an unusual metric, there is no way #1 skips #2 & #3 to magically play #4.

Get that steamer packed, a one loss Ohio may get an invite to the consolation loser Rose Bowl, you know the one played on the 1st of the year and not on the 6th, the Rose Bowl that actually counts.

If you are still going, don't forget to pick up a new and dangerous ensemble, bet it comes in Bucknut red too.

Comment

• The tweets started reaching my mentions page by midafternoon, continuing as the losses to the SEC's top half piled up. It was a steady flow of vitriol, a sort of happiness rooted in residual scorn.

• After last week’s “The Experts” show on ESPNU, I asked my fellow panelists if we were wrong to have been too dismissive of Ohio State's national title chances. But Saturday’s home survival versus Iowa was validation that the Bucks simply aren’t on the same level as the country’s top three teams. Still, sorting out the BCS championship picture will be a mess if OSU goes undefeated. The resume comparisons with even strong one-loss teams -- say, if Oregon or FSU happens to drop a game -- will evoke contentious debates.
                                Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...
                                X