Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gee, I dunno, Strangelove. Maybe you can answer that for me? My guess would be that none of the above want to coach a college team?
    DSL's point, which apparently you missed, was that the likes of Mike Smith, John Fox, Jim Fassell, etc. have been to more NFC Title games than UFM. The point was to make this statement by you look ridiculous:
    How many NFC Title Games did Urban Meyer go to?

I mean, the ones where he didn't have to buy a ticket to get in?
    He succeeded in spades, though it's such an easy thing to make look ridiculous. But, hey, I'm sure you'd rather have Lovie Smith than UFM because Lovie has been to an NFC Title game!

You literally cannot step out of your front door without tripping over a slobbering slackjawed ohio fan whose delirious babblings after drinking a case of Boone's Farm will include "Michigan Sucks" and "Beat Michigan". Even in your own state MICHIGAN is relevant.
    While I agree that Ohio is the center of the universe...and it certainly is the center of the CFB universe...NATIONAL relevance goes beyond Ohio. Michigan has had 1 season in the past 65+ where they played a bowl with a chance to win the national title. That's Clemson, BYU, GT country.

Facts are your enemy. It's nice to see you recognize that and remain so unconstrained.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• How many games JH may drop while fixing the fuckery matters not, the positive trajectory is undeniable
      So you KNOW your JH's first three years at M won't match UFM's first three years at OSU. Now you're about trajectory. I tell you what, I'll go $1000 that JH doesn't win the CFP in his first three years at M. You know, trajectory. I don't think he'll match UFM in that regard either.

The thing about OP is that he isn't stupid when it comes to his cash. To wit, there was no way he was backing Hoke in Columbus this past season. And there's just no way he'll back JH to equal UFM's first 3 years in Columbus. None.

BTW, OP, when you said how UFM would rail the B10...did you think it would be this bad? 38-3. FIRST ever UNDISPUTED CFP champion. Woof.

I gotta say, I'm happy with the dude that's 142-26 with 3 national titles at 2 different schools (and an undefeated season at a 3rd).

Comment

• Urban's a decent coach but if we had Harbaugh there's a 75% chance we make the NFC title game this year

Comment

• He succeeded in spades, though it's such an easy thing to make look ridiculous. But, hey, I'm sure you'd rather have Lovie Smith than UFM because Lovie has been to an NFC Title game!
          Actually, he failed miserably, as usual. My point remains strong. When Hackett started looking for a new coach, the first and only guy he considered was Jim Harbaugh. And, he actually didn't contact Jim Harbaugh first. He contacted his Dad, Jack Harbaugh first, to see if it was even worth asking Jim about his interest. So ... NFL experience(s) had nothing to do with the job search. FTR, I wouldn't want Meyer or L. Smith as Michigan's HC. Meyer has too much shadyness following him, and L Smith has no interest in coaching college ball. We needed Harbaugh, and we got him. Good for us.

The only "universe" that ohio is the center of, is the interstate highway universe. Nobody makes ohio a "destination" spot. It's a drive-thru state. Drive thru restaurants were invented in ohio, because people want to only stop there long enough to grab a cheap burger and a fry from an osu grad, then hit the road and get out of there. It allows travelers to remain stopped only momentarily, as they move on, and out of the state. One decent idea in a century is pretty good for that place. As for the football center of the universe, you'll have to talk to SEC types about that. They're still convinced that the earth is flat, and it all belongs to Dixie.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I never hold a purse.

In fact, when my wife asks me to get her purse for her, I call my niece over to have her do it....and she lives 20 miles away ...

Comment

• A couple of nips of liquid courage and you'll be dusting apples off the top of DSL's head in no time.
              "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Urban Meyer's biggest competition in the B10 was Mark Dantonio with a weakened M and PSU...

JH is coming into a stronger B10 than Urban, mostly because he has Urban as competition rather than Brady Hoke.

Comment

• If I don't end up shooting beer bottles off the head of DSL on the transom of Prime2 with Talent, gimmered three sheets to the wind, I'd settle for Jim Harbaugh's life.

Coaches 1st base for the Oakland A's today, then spends some time with buddy Bob Malvin, Manager of MLB A's, and Arizona Governor Doug Ducey!

Charmed life.

Comment

• lol .. and a football sitting by his side.

Comment

• So Liney is cowering from his NFC Championship game nonsense and is back to "best fit for M"...

...and OP is so PWNED he's actually lecturing about message board etiquette and such. Good god.

Anywho, looks like there's no chance for UFM as Alexander the Great/THE NFL MACHINE, INC. LEVIATHON has taken over. Dark, dark days.
                      Last edited by iam416; March 9, 2015, 07:15 AM.

Comment

• Perhaps pictographs will help Talent.

Both highly decorated in their respective theatres of operation, yet worlds apart.

Jim Harbaugh

Urban Meyer

Comment

• Aw, c'mon now Prime. Be nice.

I'm sure Meyer worked real hard for that "cotton picking" merit badge.

All those years in the SEC had to be worth something ...

Comment

• 2016-17 Partial Board with updated composite rankings. Austin Robertson removed as it appears they'll actually pass on him with the DEs they have lined up. I added Corley because he's interested, but he's probably the least likely to commit of the 2016 kids listed below. I also added Tristen Wallace because he's visiting Columbus and OSU is interested in him as a Plan B to Guarantano.

Finally, in generally recruiting news, huge weekend at Notre Dame coming up. Tons of top 100 kids visiting. We'll see how many commit. They've already nabbed Tommy Kramer from Cincinnati and Eichenberg is down to ND or OSU.

10. Kareem Walker (RB -- OSU Verbal)
                            11. Nick Bosa (DE)
                            49. Demario McCall (RB)
                            62. George Hill (RB -- OSU Verbal)
                            70. Jake Hausmann (TE -- OSU Verbal)
                            71. Prince Sammons (SDE)
                            72. Brendan Ferns (LB)
                            82. Liam Eichenberg (OT)
                            99. Justin Layne (WR)
                            107. Jarrett Guarantano (QB)
                            108. Donnie Corley (WR)
                            129. Austin Mack (WR)
                            135. Tristen Wallance (QB)
                            154. Terrell Hall (WDE) (OSU Verbal)
                            164. Jonathan Cooper (OSU Verbal)

Others OSU Verbals: Tyler Gerald (OG) (#192); Kierre Hawkins (HBack) (#282)

3. Josh Myers (OT) (OSU Verbal)
                            10. Trevon Grimes (WR)
                            14. Shaun Wade (CB) (OSU Verbal...heh....I'd be surprised if this one sticks)
                            17. Bruce Judson (ATH) (OSU Verbal)
                            48. Danny Clark (QB) (OSU Verbal)
                            67. Marcus Williamson (CB)

Again, I'd be shocked if Wade ended up a Buckeye.

Comment

• A look at 2009 and 2015....both seasons that UFM's powerhouse teams were expected to repeat as national champs (UNDISPUTED national champs in OSU's case): http://www.si.com/college-football/2...punt-pass-pork

Comment

• Well, no, no , not a clean title anyway. Beating Bama and Oregon meant OSU finished strong but certainly didn't atone for losing to Frank Beamer's VT and James Franklin's Penn St., which I might add represented blatant corruption by the officials which certainly wasn't assuaged by a B1G apology.

With 2 losses, Meyer is forced to share the belt with Butch & Luke.

Comment

Working...
                                X