Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR should have been coached by Meyer, not RR and certainly not Hoke.
    "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• I certainly give JH credit for joining Jim Fassel in the the "We lost to the Ravens in the Super Bowl" Club. Elite company.

And I certainly understand your belief that JH will not equal UFM's success. That is, aside from your flaying of Hoke, the most reasonable conclusion you've offered, OP.

In the meantime, OP, I will have to content myself with UFM. 142-26, 38-3 at Ohio State, 3 national titles at 2 different schools plus an undefeated season at Utah and, of course, 3-0 in THE GAME. I realize the HARBAUGH SEA CHANGE is upon us, but at least Ohio State should manage to hold on to 2nd in the Big Ten East.
      Last edited by iam416; March 4, 2015, 02:23 PM.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• 11-2 is more than a typical season even under a great coach.

Comment

• In the meantime, OP, I will have to content myself with UFM. 142-26, 38-3 at Ohio State, 3 national titles at 2 different schools plus an undefeated season at Utah and, of course, 3-0 against M. I realize the HARBAUGH SEA CHANGE is upon us, but at least Ohio State should manage to hold on to 2nd in the Big Ten East.
          LOL, Right Said Fred, said it best:

I'm too sexy for my shirt too sexy for my shirt
          So sexy it hurts
          And I'm too sexy for Milan too sexy for Milan
          New York and Japan......

And I'm too sexy for your party
          Too sexy for your party
          No way I'm disco dancing........

I'm a model you know what I mean
          And I do my little turn on the catwalk
          Yeah on the catwalk on the catwalk yeah
          I do my little turn on the catwalk....

Comment

• Do your little turn, sure. Keep on prancing and mincing. You've nothing to be ashamed of.

Comment

• DR should have been coached by Meyer, not RR and certainly not Hoke.

Good god. This is a load to contemplate.

Comment

• I think UFM would have used DR as an H-back. And he would have been freaking devastating. A faster, shiftier Jalin Marshall? Yes, please. Now THAT's a horizontal constraint!

Comment

• For the love of Lucifer...STFU!!!
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Eloquent, you make your point as delicately as ever Eddie.

Comment

• LIAR!! Urban Meyer is three and ONE against Michigan!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        The more I think about JH's potential trajectory as M HC, the more I think this year will be the keystone. I think he has a decent foundation. I've been converted a bit by Mgo to think it's not quite as good as I first thought.
                        The same people who four years ago said that Michigan would probably have a terrible defense in Hoke's first year because even if they got better coaching they had no talent. Then we saw the defense improve by 100 yards per game (although they were still crap in some games) and guys who were thought to be I-AA talent (e.g. Floyd) ended up becoming solid starters. Mgo has always had a massive blind spot when it comes to identifying poor coaching, instead clinging to excuse after excuse until the excuses finally run out.

Poor coaching masks talent. So does a shitty strength and conditioning program. We're loaded with 4* and 5* guys who had offers from other major programs. The only exception to that rule is probably WR but we have more talent there than 10 of the teams on this year's schedule. They can't all have been overrated guys who are poor athletes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                          They can't all have been overrated guys who are poor athletes.
                          Yes, exactly.

Comment

• Mike:

Duly corrected.

Comment

• Hanni:

I was of the mind that M has a ton of untapped potential. I'm less bullish on their talent not, though no where close to where Mgo is.

I guess the way the one guy put it is: "How many NFL Draft Picks do you see on the M roster?" I looked at Brian's entry on the 27 guys or something that are most likely to start, and I don't see all that many. And I still see a glaring hole at QB.

As you noted, WR is not good. I also think they are lacking up front, especially in terms of rush guys.

Comment

• See Post: #13808

Comment

Working...
                                X