Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're used to people of your ilk making bullshit claims like that, and hoping to have your cake and eat it too. Cheating is baked into the process for your program. If you people had the capacity to feel shame you'd be drowning in it.
    lol Well said, cheaters never win and winners never cheat.

Comment

• Well, actually...

Comment

• If your not cheating your not trying?

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
          If your not cheating your not trying?
          Well said, crash

Comment

• Once UFM retired it was going to take a miracle to hold on to Battle. He was in the bag with UFM. Oh well.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Flip to Bama? lol That IS really funny. Hill back to Michigan now? nah

Comment

• Sorry hard lean? Im drinking tonight - first time since the Wisconsin game

Comment

• ahh

Comment

• I dont understand? Its 11:15 PM - Dec 13, 2018

Comment

• Flip to Bama? lol That IS really funny. Hill back to Michigan now? nah
                      I wasn't lol'ing at Battle inevitably goinbg to Bama like you were with Hill's flip from nowhere.

In any event, you better get your dumbass story straight on Hill. If the bag men got to him then he's broken NCAA rules and my understanding is that M would never take a person of such low character into their program. So, you know, you may want to start renouncing your bag men got to Hill bullshit in favor of a "rash decision by a youngster who has now seen the light."

Comment

• No bag men involved. There are very likely folks (adults) involved with his decision making. Completely legit sort of stuff. There's been plenty of smoke about Don Brown's status. He reportedly was a finalist for the Temple job but I think Diaz from Miami got that gig. There was the BS about Harbuagh to the NFL that comes up around this time every year he's been at M ...... last year, when it came up, Harbaugh implied those rumors were coming from other programs (i.e., negative recruiting).

I have little doubt that Alabama used the rumors against M as part of their efforts to flip Hill. I don't know if Hill has handlers. His family may have sought out other voices to verify or refute rumors on Brown and Harbaugh. Maybe they gave the family information that supported the rumors and at one time, Brown was potentially moving on. The fact that M made very public statements refuting the Harbaugh rumors tells me that they knew with some certainty recruits were being fed this stuff...... and it's part of the recruiting game sadly.

We know from comments made by Ward Manuel that Rashan Gary was offered incentives to go elsewhere. He didn't. That stuff is going on with talented HS recruits and I'm not telling you anything you don't know. Did Gary have handlers? I don't know but my guess is that his only handler was his Mom at that point. He's got them now though. I've said this plenty of times here. (1) I'm not criticizing any program in on M's recruits of interest - Dax Hill being one of them. (2) My view is that there are legitimate people, I call it handling these kids, with the hopes of getting a piece of the action when they go pro. It's business.

My take on Harbaugh is he doesn't like handlers - he'd prefer if it was Mom, Dad and the kid involved, not others behind the scenes. The involvement beyond immediate family by handlers only becomes evident as the recruiting process unfolds. It's part of it. Harbaugh. like Bo, doesn't like it. So, there's perhaps a subtle distancing between M and recruits who, when M recruiting staff determines there are background people involved, M steps back a bit. No love, no commitment - we know about kids doing this. They become a bit entitled with all the fawning that goes on over them.

So, yeah, my view is that it's a character issue for M when top recruits become involved with these people. Is it bad character? I don't think so. Kids and their families are free to engage whomever they want to help them out. My take is that Harbaugh would prefer not to have these people in the background during the recruiting process. Nothing more, nothing less. He's going to lose out to other programs who have no problem with this reality. Is what it is.
                        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; December 14, 2018, 08:06 AM.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• All that is well and good, though, admittedly I glazed over early on. But, if you're going to accuse Dax of flipping because of the bag man...as was done here and on every other M forum...then, well...

Comment

• I forget where I read yesterday that apparently Alabama didn't know the flip was coming. It certainly seems like Dax has some questions now that he didn't before, perhaps about who the DC is going to be.

Comment

• OK, so Saban doesn't negative recruit. I know you know Alabama as well as I know Michigan.

Finding explanations for Hill's flip is certainly speculative but, I have a hard time thinking a highly talented recruit like Dax Hill made a decision like he did relying solely on what he and his Dad might have read or heard somewhere about Jim Harbaugh's or Don Brown's futures. I don't think these kinds of recruits and family members that are involved with deciding where they are going to play football and get an education make decisions based on media information. It would make sense if they sought guidance and I've made my case of where that guidance might come from.

I'll also grant you that the draw of Alabama's record on several levels compared to Michigan's would certainly become an objective criteria for the apparently unilateral decision to flip. But this is all so strange. What about long standing relationships everyone talks about affecting the decision of where recruits go. Hill's decision flys in the face of that thinking.

No one on either side knew? Took both programs by surprise? If you believe this you probably also believe Donald Trump tells the truth.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Well I don't know about that. If you're a bluechipper and you go to Michigan, you'll matriculate into the NFL just like you would at Alabama. In a normal case one could argue that at Michigan the path to playing time makes early entry more likely, although in this case you've also mentioned that maybe he'd be needed right away there too.

Comment

Working...
                                X