Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appears osu QB Matthew Baldwin has entered the transfer portal. This leaves fields, and two other no-name QBs behind him on the depth chart. The internet has suggested that there was a reason that fields didn't get a more substantial role in Kirby Smart's offense at UGA and he was disgruntled, after being told he would play a major role by Smart during his recruitment, and that prompted his transfer to osu.

There's also been talk that fields didn't look that good during the spring game and neither did Baldwin or the other two ...... caveat spring game and all that.

So, and of course, there's rampant cheering that ryan day is going to find himself with a very thin QB room with a new guy QB with unproven potential as the likely starter for 2019. As per the football gods, Michigan will be favored in The Game this year ...... and osu will find a way to win it with fields being the guy to do it.

talent, comment?
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Fields transferred because he was behind a Heisman candidate for another year or two. Buckeyes will be super thin at QB if Baldwin transfers. Guessing Day will have to do what Harbaugh did and rely on transfers for five (six?) years before he recruits a QB that can play.

Comment

• There's also been talk that fields didn't look that good during the spring game and neither did Baldwin or the other two
        I don't share the opinion of those "talk" like that.

It's an extremely thin QB position. That's incredibly dangerous. I really liked Baldwin as a backup QB. It's a shame he's leaving, but he's not going to start absent an injury. I felt the same way in Joe Burrow left.

Fields transferred because he was behind a Heisman candidate for another year or two.
        Correct. I'm not a big fan of Fromm, but I think Fields was locked in behind him until he left. I don't think Kirby has it in him to make the big move -- like telling Kelly Bryant he's out and Trevor Lawrence is in.

Guessing Day will have to do what Harbaugh did and rely on transfers for five (six?) years before he recruits a QB that can play.
        Jack Miller is signed up for 2020. Ryan Day has his choice for 2021 and has opted for JJ McCord. He'll probably have to bring in someone else from somewhere, but that's a depth thing. Fields has at least two seasons at OSU. Miller will be a true sophomore in 2021 when Fields may leave (though, of course, the talk is he like totally sucks so there's no way he's going to leave early).

It's not particularly ideal, but I think that's where things are these days. And, FTR, I like Fields better than I like Haskins. And I'm sure there was "talk" that Haskins wouldn't be so good amongst the M faithful. The geniuses at MGO rated him 4th or 5th best in the B10 preseason. I thought that was insanity. But anywho, we shall see.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• For the record, I think fields is going to be very good. I don't know about haskins good as a passer but he is a way better fit in day's system than haskins would have been if he stayed. Still, day (suspect ufm was heavily involved) did a really good job of optimizing haskiins' skill set v. M's stunning weaknesses on that particular day.

Fields is clearly a better RO runner than haskins or any other osu QB that will be or was on the QB roster. I've seen videos of him. He was fundamentally a skilled RO QB in HS. Whether or not that transfers to the college game is another matter but I'd bet it will given osu's fall camp and their first 4 games ...... I think IU and Neb, both away games for osu, will give them a run. We'll see how fields responds.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I expect same of fields that he should be very good, issue is having all their eggs in one basket... Fields being off the field for a half could be the difference between winning the B1G and not...

Crossing and rub routes vs man coverage is football 101 and amazed Brown went into that game thinking they could cover the Buckeyes speedy slots in man...

Unlike what many say, Brown did move to some zone looks in the second half. One zone play Long (or Hill) passed a wide out to a safety to cover a slot; that safety went to cover low too and the Buckeyes scored. I blamed the safety but M not using zone enough in game situations is as much the cause.

Comment

• My initial reaction to Ryan Day recruiting is that he's good enough to leverage the brand. I'm reasonably optimistic that he'll get several 5* type kids and 8 or 9 top 100 type kids and probably be in the 5ish overall range. And 2021 is also very encouraging -- it helps when a fucking Bosa-clone is in your backyard. However, the key word in my assessment is "brand." Right now it's still very high after the Tressel-UFM run. It's dipped a little w/o UFM because, well, Ryan Day is not UFM. But, that's ok and to be expected. The key, though, is this year. IMO, Day can arrest the dip and keep it at a really high level or, if he falls flat, he'll see it free-fall. UFM could withstand 8-4 or 9-3 because he's UFM. That will really hurt Ryan Day, though.

It's also clear that OSU is doing really, really well with offensive skill position players and sort of "meh" at other spots. I do think they'll do really well with DBs (I like Hafley a lot) and I always trust LJS with DL. But, OL and LB remain a concern. So, you know, fuck you all.

In other news, Ohio State kicked the ever-living shit out of M in the B10 baseball tournament. So, yeah -- suck it, ya grabankle skirts.

Comment

• Heh ........

FUCK osu.

Comment

• Ryan Day and Brian Hartline are doing a great job recruiting offense. Probably no drop off at all on that side of the ball. Unfortunately, there's a second side. Hopefully Hafley and Washington will work miracles in the Back 7 and make playing defense for Ohio State something decent players may want to do, again.

Also, fuck Buchanan. And "The" Wizard. And "Wild" Hoss for that matter.

Comment

• I should be on that list. Apathy is worse than hate.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Well, I like the give the infirmed and generally weak of mind some time to recover. So, I'd call it pity more than apathy. But, sure, some time in the next few weeks some poor sap will take some tangential shot at the SEC that will prompt the Preston Brooks Cane of Justice from the top rope response from you and the hate will be restored. I'm betting that poor sap will be Cody -- maybe he's already done it by calling Vandy an "easy win." Are you gonna stand for that, poltroon?

Comment

• lmao.

Much better.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Like I've always maintained, OSU will not miss a beat after the retirement of Urban Meyer. They might get better.

Comment

• Just in case anyone wants to relive UFM's final regular season game as Ohio State head coach:

Comment

• Recall that prior to the above game Mr. Jeff Buchanan was touting Peyton Ramsey as a better QB than Dwayne Haskins.

Comment

• Recruiting is still good, perhaps even better since last report. AlabamAlum is still feeble in body, mind and spirit. Buchanan still loves himself some Peyton Ramsey. And froot can still go fuck his little brother self.

See you on August 1 for our next monthly debriefing. I should say "update' -- the other way will surely draw The Wizard's attention. So, monthly update.

That is all.

Comment

Working...
                                X