Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at some point the NCAA might say too much smoke and give OSU a warning shot.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

or another severe slap on the wrist ... followed by a stern "naughty naughty" ....
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Ohio State officials were only made aware of Yahoo Sports story 30 minutes before it broke, no response tonight. Interesting what they will say later today.

Comment

I'm going out on a limb here.

They will deny any wrongdoing, and claim its all a "misunderstanding".

They are fully cooperating with the NCAA and are confident that this matter will be cleared up quickly.

Comment

Tressel report appears damaging

Tressel could be charged with all sorts of violations, including unethical conduct and failure to monitor and promote an atmosphere of compliance. Just imagine the fun Michigan fans would have with that following the beating they took with the whole Rich Rodriguez investigation.

In fact, things could be so bad for Tressel if this is true, that failing to report what he knew right away could result in his termination.

Last edited by WingsFan; March 8, 2011, 01:22 AM.

Comment

I can't believe anyone has ever bought into the St. Jim act. He's always been a snake. He was a snake at YSU, and he's been a snake at OSU. His whole act is phony.

Comment

The "source" in the report is a single anonymous one. Weak as far as osu is concerned. They will find a way to discredit the source.

osu would have to self report that tressel did in fact lie to NCAA investigators regarding when he knew about the sale of memorabilia to the Tattoo joint. That is NOT going to happen.

While this is good theater, osu is way too smart in these matters to let anything come of it.
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

This will easily slide off St Jim's teflon. I'd bet osu doesn't even have a presser to comment, trying to keep it as minimized as possible. If there is even a remote fragment of truth to it all, we'll see the Ronald Reagan defense: "I don't recall" and "Shucks, I might have mixed up the dates".

Plausible deniability will get you everywhere with the NCAA.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

"I don't recall saying I don't recall. Terrell Pryor is a great young man."

SnakerVest

Comment

I agree -- absolutely nothing will come out of this. As has been pointed out numerous times, the NCAA has basically no power when it comes to conducting an investigation. Some kind of unrelated outside event is needed that gets the courts or law enforcement involved.

Comment

ohio state walks that NCAA rules tightrope so well, that they could exist pretty well in the SEC. At least from a recruiting standpoint, that is.

I lost any remaining respect for the vest after his assistants were caught spreading false information about Lloyd Carr. That, and for the "search" he ordered for the Michigan contingent when they arrived at Columbus in 2004. He lied then too, claiming he "knew nothing" about it. He never apologized either.

For such a great coach, there sure are a lot of things going on in his program that he "knows nothing" about.

Comment

I am going to steal a page from the Rolling Stones book and now refer to this team's school as

"Tattoo U".

Comment

I may actually have to pitch that to a friend who runs a t-shirt biz in town.

Comment

I'm just gonna wait and watch and enjoy the squirming of those hairless bucknuts. Sure, they possibly might wiggle out of this, but the hand-wringing, if nothing else, should be fun to take in.

Other than that, all I can do is hope that the wisp of smoke that just appeared will lead to the hellfire of evil that surrounds that sweater-vest wearing satan

Comment

If an investigation turns up a violation that is one thousandth the size of the allegation, I wonder if the OSU fans in the house will feel that the writer is vindicated like they did with Michael Rosenberg's hit piece.

Comment

Working...
                                X