• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post

by college rules targeting gets called on the rams DB and neworleans wins

new Orleans kc would have been a good superbowl

instead its nightmare time watching bill brady win another one
    To be fair, by NFL rules there should have been PI and helmet to helmet infractions on the play.

Comment

• ...and Hillary won the popular vote...

NOW STFU
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Sorry Steeler fans, your team is no longer the most successful franchise in pro-football history if the number of Super Bowl wins is an indicator of that. The New England Patriots are and that is largely because of Bill Belichick and former Michigan QB, Tom Brady.

I thought this Super Bowl was one of the better ones. What it demonstrated was a NE coaching staff that bitch slapped the LA coaching staff. Why was Edelman and Gronk so blitheringly wide open on key plays? Was it because Edelman is a great receiver? Not really, he's good but his great game had more to do with how he was deployed that got him single covered against some of the Ram's least talented cover guys. And why was Jeff Goff and the Ram's offense so shitty? It was because of the the Patriot's skillful defense that left Goff as confused as any SB QB I've watched.

Sky cam coverage and the great color analysis done by Tony Romo did a decent job of telling viewers what the Pats were doing on both pass and run defense. New England consistently stopped RBs Gurley and Anderson by sealing the edges out of defensive formations that looked like they had just one LB to seal. Nope. Fooled again by bringing Ss up out of what looked like a 4-6 formation at the snap. NE also got their best cover guys matched up with Goff's best receivers deploying disguised man coverage that morphed back into 4-6, cover 2 zone. Remember the sure Goff TD throw that Stephon Gilmore broke up coming from seemingly no where to tip the pass? Goff was baited into that throw and Gilmore was able to make a play on the ball because he was in a position to do so by scheme..... the one that had 6 pass defenders out there against 3 and 4 Ram route runners.

Don Brown, were you watching this masterpiece? BTW, that was Belichick tuning up and bringing out Matt Patricia's D.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• belichick sure has gotten much more talkative when breaking down the plan on espn last night and after the Kansas city game 2 weeks ago

chiefs could have used romo on the sidelines --he did a helluva lot better job diagnosing what newengland would do next compared to the DC of Kansas city

but hats off to the B&B show--certainly the greatest of our generation--with nary a player I can think of that is a HOF other then brady. maybe randy moss. but that defense is a bunch of no names on a national level that are deployed and manipulated by the master puppeteer billy B

Comment

• Jeff,

The Packers have the most championships (13), and what they did between 1961 and 1967, after losing to the Eagles in 1960, was more impressive. Then again, the Patriots have dominated from 2001 - 2018 with several different rosters. Brady and Belichick have done something that will never be matched.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post

but hats off to the B&B show--certainly the greatest of our generation--with nary a player I can think of that is a HOF other then brady. maybe randy moss. but that defense is a bunch of no names on a national level that are deployed and manipulated by the master puppeteer billy B
              Junior Seau, and now Ty Law are in the HOF. Willie McGinest, Vince Wollfork, Richard Seymour were really good. But overall, yes, it's been a team of no names. Belichick is the best ever.

Comment

• I want Jim Harbaugh to talk to Bill more often. Get him in as a consultant. Heh.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post

Junior Seau, and now Ty Law are in the HOF. Willie McGinest, Vince Wollfork, Richard Seymour were really good. But overall, yes, it's been a team of no names. Belichick is the best ever.
                  Maybe Belichick is actually Mua'dib looking a few seconds into the future and seeing what play is coming up.
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Sorry Steeler fans, your team is no longer the most successful franchise in pro-football history if the number of Super Bowl wins is an indicator of that. The New England Patriots are and that is largely because of Bill Belichick and former Michigan QB, Tom Brady.
                      So, "if the number of Super Bowl wins is an indicator of [being the most successful franchise in pro-football history" then how in the living fuck are the Patriots and their 6 MORE successful than the Stillers and their 6?

And it's Belichek. The Pats have won at least 2 Super Bowls now with spectacular defense (both against the Rams ) -- winning even though the offense was total shit. They'd have won another if the undefeated juggernaut offense didn't get stifled by the Jints. They've had only 2 really bad defense SBs (Carolina sort of -- more like a bad half).

They've also won two on coin tosses (against Atlanta in OT) and two weeks ago against the Chiefs.

But, Bellichik is the best coach in any US sport ever. He has 8 now. And the first 2 he earned the shit out of -- as DC for the Giants -- he had a kickass defense in 1986 and then managed to hold the Bills to 19 (fucking Norwood) four years later.

Too bad the Browns moved to Baltimore and fired him. Heh. That might have eventually worked out for the that piece of shit franchise.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• if you haven't watched the commercial with all the HOF's celebrating 100 years its worth watching multiple times

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                          Sorry Steeler fans, your team is no longer the most successful franchise in pro-football history if the number of Super Bowl wins is an indicator of that. The New England Patriots are and that is largely because of Bill Belichick and former Michigan QB, Tom Brady.

I thought this Super Bowl was one of the better ones. What it demonstrated was a NE coaching staff that bitch slapped the LA coaching staff. Why was Edelman and Gronk so blitheringly wide open on key plays? Was it because Edelman is a great receiver? Not really, he's good but his great game had more to do with how he was deployed that got him single covered against some of the Ram's least talented cover guys. And why was Jeff Goff and the Ram's offense so shitty? It was because of the the Patriot's skillful defense that left Goff as confused as any SB QB I've watched.

Sky cam coverage and the great color analysis done by Tony Romo did a decent job of telling viewers what the Pats were doing on both pass and run defense. New England consistently stopped RBs Gurley and Anderson by sealing the edges out of defensive formations that looked like they had just one LB to seal. Nope. Fooled again by bringing Ss up out of what looked like a 4-6 formation at the snap. NE also got their best cover guys matched up with Goff's best receivers deploying disguised man coverage that morphed back into 4-6, cover 2 zone. Remember the sure Goff TD throw that Stephon Gilmore broke up coming from seemingly no where to tip the pass? Goff was baited into that throw and Gilmore was able to make a play on the ball because he was in a position to do so by scheme..... the one that had 6 pass defenders out there against 3 and 4 Ram route runners.

Don Brown, were you watching this masterpiece? BTW, that was Belichick tuning up and bringing out Matt Patricia's D.
                          One of the better ones?????

Comment

• It didn't have a lot of scoring, but it was a good chess match between the coaching staffs, Wade Phillips and Brian Flores called good games. Besides, the score was tied in the 4th quarter, That's drama.

Comment

• Yeah, well that's where we will differ. Brady's QB rating was what? About 70? Without really thinking hard about it I feel safe saying this was the worst Super Bowl performance of his career. He had a below average game (for him) and the Rams' offense was pure ineptitude. I'm sorry, the Patriots didn't simply turn into the Steel Curtain in two weeks. They were a mediocre defense all year, not great. Bad playcalling by LA and Goff playing terribly have as much to do with the low score as some sort of herculean defense by New England. Lowest scoring Super Bowl in history.

Penn State beating Iowa 6-4 was a close game too. And it was pure shit.

Comment

• And I got interested enough to look them up

Brady's Super Bowl QB Ratings

2002: 86.2
                                2004: 100.5
                                2005: 110.2
                                2008: 82.5
                                2012: 91.1
                                2015: 101.1
                                2017: 95.2
                                2018: 115.4
                                2019: 71.4