No announcement yet.

Brady Unlimited III: Wolverines in the NFL & NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From a fantasy site, pretty funny, and true, statement about Pryor's presser yesterday:

Agent Drew Rosenhaus put on a performance straight out of Jerry Maguire, insisting Pryor is a first-round supplemental prospect, a high character player, and perhaps the most unique quarterback athlete the NFL has seen. Back here on Planet Earth, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reiterated that Pryor is seen as no more than a mid-round pick. Several GMs have told Mort that they want to be sure Pryor is willing to consider a move to a "Jermichael Finley-type" of tight end down the line if they're going to use a supplemental pick this year.

Comment

Jake Long is ranked the #1 NFL offensive lineman by his peers.

Comment

Not surprising. Jake is a monster. And to think we almost lost him in that fire before he even played a down for Michigan.

Comment

He was only ranked a 3 star as a junior at Lapeer East HS. Even by time he signed with Michigan, he was only ranked a 4 star.

Congratulations to Jake.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Jake really grew into his frame. O-Linemen are somewhat hard to predict because so much of their future ability is tied to how they mature physically.

Comment

Fun Fact of the day- The Patriots now have the longest steak in Boston without a championship.

Comment

No city deserves that type of success. I'm envious.

Comment

Last weekend, my son Jamie and I had the opportunity to attend a CFL night game between the Montreal Alouettes and the Toronto Argonauts. The game was played at Stade Percival Molson Stadium, a comfortable bench seating capacity of 25,000, which is shared by both the Alouettes and McGill University. It was an enjoyable evening with temperatures around the high 70?s. For me, a preview of what will be, come September 10th.

A few players from the B10 that you may remember. Playing for Montreal #30 Dahrran Diedrick, RB from Nebraska 2002

Also playing for Montreal #69 Eric Wilson of Michigan 2000 at DT (left side of pic). For the Argos #56 Rob Murphy, OT from OSU 1999 (he is the one on the right side of the pic with the tattoo on his right arm).

Comment

heh @ the official with the red flag sticking out of his pocket ... tsk .. tsk .. .. so tacky.

Comment

Nice pics!

Comment

The new rookie wage scale will limit No. 1 overall pick Cam Newton's contract to roughly $22 million over four years.

It will be a five-year contract, but the fifth season will be worth $14 million and won't be guaranteed. Obviously, it's a dramatic drop from No. 1 overall picks of years past. Newton's contract total will be reported at around $36 million across five years, less than half the worth of Sam Bradford's.

Nice to see the NFL adopting some sort of rookie scale. Teams were just getting hammered by being in the Top 10 and then having one of those picks "bust". Rookie salaries were getting ridiculous...on par with perennial all-star veterans. I guess Cam will still be able to help renovate a few churches, though.

Comment

Yup, Lions were especially hurt by getting locked in with duds in the top 10 picks; it hurt the Lions by not being able to spend to help the team in other areas. Even good players in the top 10 picks that don't end up being very good end up overpaid. This is something that needed done a long time ago... The 'value' of draft picks imo went up and made them more valuable; also teams that want to trade picks will have a much easier time.

Comment

I think the rookie pay scale is the right thing to do as well, for all the reasons mentioned above.

Comment

Yep, and they couldn't have started with a better #1 pick than Mr. Newton. Looks like he just took a pay cut.

Comment

Poor thing. I feel so badly for him ...

Comment

Working...
                                X