The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed re: gastroc tendon.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Petrino fired.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Had he been seen in a ditch after riding his motorcycle into it with his babe behind him?

No surprise he's gone from Louisville.

Brohm to Louisville will be the next big CFB headline. I feel sorry for Purdon't. It would be nice if he stayed in West Lafyaette (though I could see why he wouldn't) to sort-of electrify the BIG10 West as putrid as that league has become.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I think Brohm will take the Louisville job, but its not a certainty at this point. 75-25 that Brohm is gone.
          Been following the Louisville forums for the last few weeks and this subject for the last 11 months. Louisville has enough resources (though, this will be expensive considering all of their issues). Brohm's wife is from Louisville ... + family + alma mater factor.
          Purdue has some positives ... new facilities, young roster, increase in $$$ towards the program, good recruiting, and the community love of where the program is heading.
          It's a matter of where Brohm's heart is. AND there are a lot of ex-QBs coaching at their alma mater. Frost, Chryst, Harbaugh ...
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
            Who tried to convince me NC state was a quality win for Clemson?
            The playoff committee.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I agree. Louisville is a step back.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• "The Big12 does not have a CCG."

Uhhh .... yeah they do.Two top teams from the round robin play in a CCG.

Comment

• Sorry, I stand corrected. They have a faux CCG.

What's weird in discussions involving the CFP is that OU will play WVU on 11/23 as part of the NCAA dictum that the BIG 12 can have a post regular season game between the two teams in the conference with the best records as long as they each play each other during the regular season.

I get it but it's stupid. You should know who the best team is after 11/23. But no, you'll have a tie in terms of records if they split as a result of playing a faux CGG. How does the CFP committee sort that one out? Right. They don't. Both teams at 10-2 are eliminated from consideration.

Let's hope that happens.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• If Alabama loses to Georgia, then 3 of the power 5 conferences will be left out of the playoffs (B10, B12, PAC). It will be either the end of the 4-team playoff or Notre Dame will be required to join one of the Power 5 conferences. ND may want to stay independent and cash those big NBC checks. They then can also claim national championships or co-championships without playing a championship game.

Root for Alabama.

Comment

• I thought you were dead

Comment

• Ohio State has the longest current streak of being a favorite -- at a whopping 52 games. Alabama is now at 50. Alabama holds the record for most consecutive games favored with 72 from 2009 to 2015. Apparently the road game at Georgia ended that streak is keeping them from 120+ straight games as a favorite. I remember that game....loaded up on The Nick! UP! UP! UP!

Ohio State was last an underdog against Oregon, which actually capped 3 straight games as an underdog. They will sure be an underdog against M ending their streak at 52.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Bama was up 38-10 and kneeled 3 plays in a row on the 2. Should have been 45-10. Nick is a softy.

Comment

Working...
                                X