No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ent, did you get some new lawn ornaments for your front yard?

Comment

• ?
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Comment

• When does the madness end!

It took sculptors well over a year to successfully render the face and hair of Alabama coach Nick Saban to the satisfaction of both the university and Mrs. Saban, who finally gave the go-ahead on the version of the statue that arrived in Tuscaloosa last month to join the graven images of Saban's title-winning predecessors in the "Walk of Champions" outside of Bryant-Denny Stadium.

Comment

• GEO.. LOL. No. those things were horribly ugly. That is what happens when you have too much money.

Comment

• heh..

Comment

• ent, you are pretty good at photoshop.

Comment

• not me... but I enjoy the work of others

Comment

• As does McCoy, apparently.

Comment

• Sounds like Floyd will get a 3rd chance:

Notre Dame star wide receiver Michael Floyd will remain in school and play football this season, his mother, Theresa Romero, said late Friday.

No details about if and when he can practice/play. But he's not been dismissed from school of the team. I don't know the details, so I won't pass judgment, but if some folks are/were concerned about Kelly and his approach to managing his team, these two most recent situations are ones to keep an eye one (the student death and this DUI incident).

Comment

• He's a win at all costs type who'll protect his players but won't break rules like say a JT.

Comment

• Yeah, well, not to smear Kelly, but he's possibly involved in a cover-up that involved a student's death and now refuses to suspend a guy who's been arrested for multiple incidents involving alcohol.

Tressel had some players sell their legal possessions and didn't tell anyone.

Comment

• http://www.sunherald.com/2011/04/06/...2-million.html

Foundation donates $12 million to MSU athletics
                            By JAMES JONES - jkjones@sunherald.com

The Seal Family Foundation of Gulfport has donated $12 million to Mississippi State University to help build a football training and office facility and to restore the school’s football practice fields. It’s the largest gift ever given to MSU athletics.

The Foundation’s contribution accounts for half of a project that will cost up to $25 million. Donations from nearly 40 other families have added $5 million to the total for the project.

The late Leo Seal Jr., former president of Hancock Bank, played football at Mississippi State and was a longtime Bulldog Club donor. He died in 2008. His twin sons, Leo Seal III and Lee Seal of Bay St. Louis, themselves former Bulldog football players, were on hand to witness the donation in honor of their late father.

“My father and grandfather both had a love for Mississippi State and an appreciation for the opportunity to play football in the Southeastern Conference and represent their state,” Lee Seal said. “My brother and I both hold that same passion for our alma mater and we’re excited to help the university and our football program.”

The Seal family is well known for its generosity to Mississippi State. Two buildings bear the family name: the Seal M-Club Building, which stands in the end zone at Scott Field, and the Leo W. Seal Family Business Complex at the College of Business.

“The generosity of the Seal family has always set a great example of philanthropic donations to Mississippi State, both academics and athletics,” Scott Stricklin, MSU director of athletics, said in a statement.

“Lee and Leo have carried on the legacy of giving set forth by their father and grandfather.”

A new weight room, locker room, training room and coaches’ offices will be added, so the Bulldog coaching staff can oversee the practice fields.

“I’m extremely appreciative of the Seals and other families who have helped make this a reality,” Bulldogs coach Dan Mullen said.

“This is a vital addition to our football program. We’ve talked since I’ve arrived at Mississippi State about getting all of our football operations under one roof, allowing us to have daily interaction with each of our players and continuing to develop the family atmosphere around our program -- this will accomplish those goals.”

Stricklin said construction will begin as soon as more money is raised to supplement the Seals’ contribution.

Comment

• From what I've read elsewhere, Villanova and the Big East may be deciding this week if they are going to move up a division or not. I think it'd be something of a bonehead move by the BE to add them as a 10th member but it may come to pass.

Comment

• I guess The Big East wants to remain a distant #6 conference from the other 5 BCS conferences.

Comment

Working...
                                X