The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the SEC knows how to cheat. they'll get away with a lot more
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

That's what osu and tressel thought ...... maybe justice will come around to the SEC.

Nahhhh
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Probably not in our lifetimes, Jeff.

The NCAA likes the SEC too much.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

It already has. But they just take their medicine and then cheat again a decade later.

Comment

Lots of news everywhere, hears a little nugget of the front page of the Det News. With a pic of Harbaugh.

Report: Stanford athletes used list of 'easy' classes to boost GPAs

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110309/...#ixzz1G9GN1t1i

Comment

That kind of list is at most schools. Heck, I know there were classes people took at Michigan that were easy grade boosters too, and not just athletes took them.

However, it makes Harbaugh's jabs at Michigan seem pretty silly.

Comment

Exactly, its not earth shattering news for a Detroit paper, just a little jab back at Harbaugh.

Comment

Speaking of how everything is quiet right now, the Iowa weightlifting "players with brown pee" incident sure disappeared quickly, didn't it?

I hope that our coaching staff is at least using that on the recruiting trail.

Comment

Florida will unveil statues of its three Heisman Trophy winners during halftime of the team's spring game.

More...

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6206921

Four Auburn football players arrested

Four Auburn football players have been kicked off the team after being arrested and charged with robbery, burglary and theft.

Antonio Goodwin, Kowaski Kitchens, Michael McNeil and Harrison Mosley were all arrested early Friday morning in Auburn, Ala. Auburn police said that three people entered a house and displayed a handgun and stole property. After a motor vehicle stop, the four were arrested and a pistol and stolen property were recovered, according to Auburn police.

Later Friday, Auburn coach Gene Chizik issued a statement saying all four players were thrown off the team.

"The players arrested in connection with this deeply troubling incident have been permanently dismissed from our football team," Chizik said in a statement. "While we realize the legal process will run its course and these young men have a right for their case to be heard, playing for Auburn University is an honor and a privilege. It is not a right."

Auburn athletics director Jay Jacobs said in a statement: "This type of behavior will not be tolerated at Auburn. I fully support Coach Chizik's swift and decisive action to dismiss these four student-athletes from our football team effective immediately."

All four were being held in the Lee County Detention Center on $511,000 bail.

"I am extremely disappointed and embarrassed by the actions of these individuals," Chizik said in a statement. "I want to personally apologize to all of those who were impacted by this senseless act, including the victims, Auburn University and the Auburn family."

Comment

Maybe that's why they signed so many kids this year.

Anticipated attrition.

Comment

Two Michigan State football players expected to start in the fall have been arrested after a spring-break bar incident in Aspen, Colo. tight end Brian Linthicum and linebacker Max Bullough — allegedly tried to elude police after 1 a.m. Thursday, following an incident at the Regal Watering Hole in which staff said Linthicum assaulted another customer. They were released from jail Thursday morning and have an April 19 court date in Aspen.

Comment

I'm sure Coach Dantonio will give them both a stern talking to, and send them to bed with no supper.

Comment

Off the team? for that?
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

I'm sure Coach Dantonio will give them both a stern talking to, and send them to bed with no supper.
                                lol It will be interesting to see what he will do, his reputation ( win at all cost/sweatervest) has already taken some hits.

Comment

Working...
                                X