No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't Hoke get a lot of crap for not hiring Corwin Brown to his staff? Perhaps he knew something that the rest of us didn't.

BTW I read this:

Shortly before it ended, someone could be heard saying through the bullhorn: "Be a Michigan man today. Step up to your obligation."
    Several seconds later the person said: "Please don't let me down. Please!"

and had to wonder--did the cops bring Lloyd down to help out?

Comment

• As for A&M, I think getting away from Texas is the best thing they can do. I have no idea how the dominos are going to fall. FSU would definitely want to be in the SEC--they already play Floirda every year anyway and the ACC expansion has been a massive football disappointment. Plus FSU basketball might actually have a chance once in a while in the SEC.

I can see BYU jumping to the Big 12 just for the BCS status it brings.

Comment

• Didn't Hoke get a lot of crap for not hiring Corwin Brown to his staff? Perhaps he knew something that the rest of us didn't.

He got a lot of crap from Michael Taylor, in particular. He was a frequent caller into WTKA around the time Hoke was assembling his staff, and in no uncertain terms he played the race card, especially in regard to Corwin. In my mind, Taylor made a complete ass of himself on the radio, but Webb and Weintraub did what they could to smother the fire for the poor guy and keep things in a bit of perspective. He really was making baseless accusations, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed in Vermont View Post
          Who would the leading candidates be?

Would we look east to Pitt, Syracuse, UConn and Rutgers... or possibly Boston College?

Would we look west to Oklahoma (and OSU) and Kansas (and KSU)?
          Lots of good guessing going on up-thread and which mention several of the possibilities you cite. I'm sure ND is on the list. But, lots of who goes where may depend on who gets in on the ground floor, which school(s) doesn't want to be the last one standing, what tv markets a school can brings along with them, academics, and a host of others factors.

Comment

• Originally posted by geo weidl View Post
            Probably a stupid question, but is anyone overseeing all these superconferences that are supposed being formed?
            The super congress?

Comment

• I think we may wait and see what shakes out between the SEC and ACC before making any moves. I would personally be more interested in adding many of the ACC schools ahead of Missouri or Kansas (if the ACC starts to fall apart)

Comment

• In other news, the Longhorn Network is supposed to launch in two weeks and not a single cable provider in Texas has signed on

Comment

• I think if you really want ACC teams you get them now while the conference is being pillaged, not after the SEC raids them. That said, the centrally located ACC teams seem to be a pretty stable bunch; NC, Virginia schools & Maryland...

Comment

• So, which is better for the Big Ten, adding Texas and ND and giving them special rules about their own network, or adding two other schools?

Comment

• Screw em. No special rules

Comment

• BTN > LHN (as of now)

If the BTN makes special considerations for the LHN such as giving them a lot more media rights than they already have, yeah you don't do that.

Comment

• They aren't going to join without being able to keep their own networks. So, is that better than taking two lesser schools? I honestly don't know, I'm just posing the question.

Comment

• We don't know ND's contract status with NBC such as what is the buyout, when does it end, etc. I'm guessing a buyout could be reached.

Comment

• I read the B10 isn't likely to look to expand now regardless of what the SEC does, they don't want to split the network revenue any further.
                              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Dallas Morning News

UPDATE: Maybe Texas A&M will not be pulling the trigger on an SEC move Monday like people expected and media reported. State Rep. Dan Branch (R-Dallas) seems reassured that A&M officials will wait until his special hearing of the Texas House Committee on Higher Education. After using the term “highly inappropriate” to multiple news outlets today regarding A&M movement to the SEC, Branch took a different approach with Morning News Statehouse reporter Robert Garrett. "I'm pleased to hear from A&M officials that the board meeting [Monday] is about beginning serious discussions with the SEC and not about finalizing or completing the acceptance of such a bid,” Garrett said. “I don't think it would be wise to pre-empt an opportunity for legislators to ask them questions.

"I'm trying to keep an open mind. If a bid is extended, that makes sense for A&M -- that doesn't have undue consequences on the other Texas schools -- I'm keeping an open mind. I don't have any predisposition. My only predisposition is to have something that is a value-added opportunity for the state of Texas." He added that he would like to see discussion of an emerging Texas tier-one institution to the Big 12 if A&M leaves and specifically mentioned Houston and SMU.

UPDATE: A&M’s Association of Former Students is calling on its members to “engage their elected officials and ask them to consider Texas A&M's need to do what is right and best for our school and our future.”
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X