No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• We're still waiting for the Yahoo "10 out of 10" story. Rumors and speculation have been pretty quiet lately, and nobody has scooped Yahoo on it.

Comment

• Charles Robinson has hinted that it's coming out soon. If this is the "10" story, then, meh. I mean, yeah, it's plenty serious -- could be disastrous for Miami -- but it was coming out anyway. Not much of a scoop, as you suggest.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• LOL!!

aw, darn ...
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Do you have Michigan and Iowa finishing ahead of Michigan State, or do you just think they'll finish close enough that those two teams will get picked over the Spartans?
              More that they'll be close enough that Michigan and Iowa will get picked ahead of them. I do think Michigan beats Michigan State this year, but that could just be blind optimism talking.

As for the Miami case, there's a part of me that would love to see the Hurricanes bombed back to the Stone Age by the NCAA, and a larger part of me that's just sick of these kinds of stories and hopes this goes away. Nevin Shapiro certainly doesn't deserve to get any form of revenge on anyone after what he's done. This is the sort of case where the star prosecution witness is so despicable that I kind of hope the defendant gets away with the crime.
              Last edited by JRB; August 16, 2011, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• I concur re Michigan's overall finish being close to Iowa and blind optimism talking. Also about almost everything re Miami.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  Charles Robinson has hinted that it's coming out soon. If this is the "10" story, then, meh. I mean, yeah, it's plenty serious -- could be disastrous for Miami -- but it was coming out anyway. Not much of a scoop, as you suggest.
                  Plus, it's Miami, a program with an ugly history, and they haven't been very good anyways. IIRC the 10/10 story was described as "a top 12 program where you wouldn't normally expect a violation". If that description is accurate, then it pretty much rules out the entire SEC and the state of Florida.

Comment

• Right. Though, I've read "rumors" that recruiting in Florida was an issue. Eh, whatever. If it's this Miami story, then meh.

Comment

• This, in theory, would be a "10"...though I'm not about to believe anything Danny Sheridan says:

"I've been told the name of the person the NCAA feels allegedly paid Cecil Newton & where witness is. more when on Finebaum this week." This tweet follows up on the allegation Sheridan made at SEC Media Days last month. Appearing on Paul Finebaum's radio show from the Wynfrey Hotel lobby, Sheridan said that the NCAA believed it had identified a bagman in the Cam Newton case and had a witness who could verify the payoff. At the time Sheridan said it was 50/50 whether the witness would cooperate with the NCAA.

Comment

• ....... here's what this talk about a "10" means (and I really don't give a flip who it is) ..... if the NCAA in the person of Emmert and the Presidents don't get a handle on the pay for play schemes out there (I'm not talking about tats), the gold mine that CFB has become is going to quickly evaporate as fans, sick of the lack of integrity and the unlevel playing field this cheating creates in CFB, are going to stop paying the enormous prices (and growing) for tickets.
                        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• The Auburn thing, if true, would really go to the heart of what most people consider the "worst" violations. It's not a $100 handshake or 15 extra text messages or signing with an agent or stuff like that -- it's actually buying a recruit. That strikes rather directly at competitive fairness.

The other side of the coin is that people don't want to know. They, by and large, assume that most schools break the rules in the aforementioned "minor" ways. Reporting on that stuff and cracking down on that stuff, eh, I dunno....

Anyway, I don't think CFB is going to lose any popularity, Buchanan. It's too big.

Comment

• Yahoo's "10" Story is up and it's Miami. And they make us look like saints, phew. THANK YOU MIAMI!

Nevin Shapiro, a convicted Ponzi schemer, details the cash, gifts and other favors he says he lavished on a slew of players from 2002-2010.

Comment

• Nevin Shapiro, a convicted Ponzi schemer, details the cash, gifts and other favors he says he lavished on a slew of players from 2002-2010.

Miami is the program that is in deep trouble. Pay for play with coaches (both football/basketball) knowledge/involvement.

Comment

• Da U President Donna Shalala accepting a donation from Ponzi Schemer and rogue booster, Mr. Shapiro. Head basketball coach Mr. Haith is on the left.

Dan Wetzel: Why Miami is in Trouble

Brash booster Nevin Shapiro was everywhere around the Hurricanes program. School officials should have known his presence and actions were a problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X