X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So sad to see those top four.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
      Either OU was signaling to potential suitors they were interested, or they were trying to bluff.

I still think in 5 yrs the BIG12 is as it is today. Texas will be the only team capable of moving at will.
      I don't think its either, because OU is not a unified entity. Some in the AD were flashing their wares, but have been shut down by their political masters.

Agree on the B12s membership. There are no good options to add, and of the programs that want to leave, those who could do so have already. It is frozen as-is by circumstance, greed, and despair.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• I don't imagine that Under Armor is too happy to see its flagship on the 2nd list.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
          So sad to see those top four.
          Neither surprised nor sad.

What this says to me is that the kids like the pizzazz and don't think much about (a) Maryland's crazy-ass motif and (b) tradition. Alums, like me and probably a lot of them, love the football tradition they came up with and hate the kind of change that Nike/Oregon brought to CFB with their out there unis that started a craze a while back.

Kids love it.

I guess I need to get with the program. I could be OK with some change that preserved, in a retro sort of way, M's unis. Like Chevrolet does with the Corvette and Ford did with the Mustang (a really good job) and the Thunderbird (terrible job).

Cadillac has had the same grill emblem since the car was first built under that name in 1902. So has Mercedes. I think some talented artist could come up with something flashy and new with the Michigan helmet that preserved in some retro way the wings.

Time for a change.
          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Disagree. What this tells me is that winning trumps all. The rest is window dressing.

Comment

• You can't separate winning/uniforms/Nike from Oregon. It is part of their strategy.

Comment

• Because they are Oregon. They had to do something bold. Bama has the most disliked uniforms and they crush it in recruiting. Win and they will come.

Comment

• KEN STARR BROUGHT DOWN BY SEX SCANDAL

Comment

• UCLA has signed a $280M/15 year agreement with Under Armor making it the richest apparel contract to date.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      You can't separate winning/uniforms/Nike from Oregon. It is part of their strategy.

...as Huey Lewis once said...

"...cool is the rule....but sometimes bad is bad..."
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Not to mention his advocacy of a wide array of drugs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          KEN STARR BROUGHT DOWN BY SEX SCANDAL

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tball-scandal/
                          Heh

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            KEN STARR BROUGHT DOWN BY SEX SCANDAL

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tball-scandal/
                            The regents, according to Brown, believe Starr bears more responsibility in the matter than Briles.
                            Shocker. President gets fired, successful football coach is untouched.

These people are disgusting. And to think, this is a Baptist university to boot. Better people than the rest of us Phillistines and all that.

Waiting for the NCAA is step in here, with sanctions...any minute now.

Comment

• When Gordon Gee said "I hope that Jim Tressel doesn't fire me", he wasn't joking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                                Shocker. President gets fired, successful football coach is untouched. Waiting for the NCAA is step in here, with sanctions...any minute now.
                                Please don't hold your breath.

They are a Texas school, after all.

SMU had to commit suicide before the NCAA did anything.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X