No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should be six teams. P5 Conference champs and one at large that doesn't come from any of the P5 conferences. Top two seeds get byes. Next two seeds get home games, then finish with the bowls as they do now.

Never two teams from the same conference.

Fixed.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
      So you have the power 5 champs, 1 non P5 school, bama and 1 at large...

it was bound to happen.
      Already made that joke.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
        Should be six teams. P5 Conference champs and one at large that doesn't come from any of the P5 conferences. Top two seeds get byes. Next two seeds get home games, then finish with the bowls as they do now.

Never two teams from the same conference.

Fixed.
        That would be horrible. Mandating that a G5 get a spot with only 6 slots? No way. That's why it would have to be at least 8 for that kinda gift.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          Already made that joke.

can we go with imitation is the best form of flattery?
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
            can we go with imitation is the best form of flattery?
            No

Comment

That would be horrible. Mandating that a G5 get a spot with only 6 slots? No way. That's why it would have to be at least 8 for that kinda gift.
              It's not a gift. If you go with the tenet that you don't deserve to be in if you can't win your conference it makes perfect sense.

The higher ranked teams get the benefit of a bye or home game.

It eliminates the beauty contest and ensures that a supposedly "superior" conference doesn't get an unfair advantage as happened this year.

And it takes the subjectivity out of the actual selection of teams in the top 5. Of course there will be controversy at six, but that really doesn't matter.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• And it makes the conference season important, as it should be, BTW.

Comment

• So you have the power 5 champs, 1 non P5 school, bama and Notre Dame..

fixed
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Take last year for example. Here are the week 15 top 10 AP rankings:

RK TEAM REC PTS TREND LAST WEEK NEXT WEEK
                    1 ALA(61) 13-0 1525 ? vs #15 Florida W 54-16 ?
                    2 OSU 11-1 1444 ? ? ?
                    3 CLEM 12-1 1396 ? vs #19 Virginia Tech W 42-35 ?
                    4 WASH 12-1 1329 ? vs #9 Colorado W 41-10 ?
                    5 PSU 11-2 1252 3 vs #6 Wisconsin W 38-31 ?
                    6 MICH 10-2 1249 1 ? ?
                    7 OKLA 10-2 1173 ? vs #11 Oklahoma State W 38-20 ?
                    8 WIS 10-3 1054 2 vs #8 Penn State L 38-31 ?
                    9 USC 9-3 1040 1 ? ?
                    10 FSU 9-3 889 2 ?
                    We would take #1 Bama, #3 Clemson, #5 PSU, #4 Washington, #7 Oklahoma....and then take #12 Western Michigan over #2 Ohio State, #6 Michigan, #8 Wisconsin, #9 Southern Cal, #10 Florida State, and #11 Colorado?

Nooooope.

Comment

• I'd like to dig a hole...throw you in it...pour gasoline on you...and light a match...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Conference championships are important. They are not created equally, though. Conferences have down years - especially in G5 conferences, but all are weaker at times and stronger at others. That's why every single expanded playoff has at-larges or wildcards. You put up with a Sunbelt Conference getting an NCAA basketball bid because of the number of at-larges. And then you go to Buffalo Wild Wings and watch 16-seed Arkansas State get run out of the gym by #1 seed Michigan State.

6 spots and give a G5 a spot? Noooo. Go to an 8-team playoff: 5 P5 champs, 2 at-larges, and the G5 gift (a gift most years, anyway).

Comment

Take last year for example. Here are the week 15 top 10 AP rankings:

We would take #1 Bama, #3 Clemson, #5 PSU, #4 Washington, #7 Oklahoma....and then take #12 Western Michigan over #2 Ohio State, #6 Michigan, #8 Wisconsin, #9 Southern Cal, #10 Florida State, and #11 Colorado?

Nooooope.
                          Yep. That one is simple.

Those teams didn't win their conference. Simple. There is no subjectivity.

The rankings which are and have always been bullshit don't mean anything.

Fixed.

Comment

• Not a surprise AA doesn't want conference champs, the Southern Crooks will bend over backwards for Alabama even though they got trucked by a subpar Auburn. They are always going to get the benefit of the doubt.

Delaney always brings a knife to a gunfight. Lucy will let him him kick that ball next time.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              Yep. That one is simple.

Those teams didn't win their conference. Simple. There is no subjectivity.

The rankings which are and have always been bullshit don't mean anything.

Fixed.
                              Nope. There is no way in that scenario that any sane person would take #12 Western Michigan over #2 Ohio State. It's just a silly idea. It will thankfully never happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                Not a surprise AA doesn't want conference champs, the Southern Crooks will bend over backwards for Alabama even though they got trucked by a subpar Auburn. They are always going to get the benefit of the doubt.

Delaney always brings a knife to a gunfight. Lucy will let him him kick that ball next time.
                                You crack me up. I want the best teams in a 4-team.

Conference champs and at-larges are fine once it expands. Not optimal, but tolerable. Bama will be successful, regardless.

Comment

Working...
                                X