No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clemson is not unbeatable but they would beat M. I'm guessing it would be about Clemson -4.5 or so in Vegas. Bama would probably by -10 vs. M.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Nobody really knows unless they actually played, obviously, I mean we do pretty much know with Alabama because we've really never seen anything this ridiculously dominant, but Clemson, all I know is they escaped with their lives over two teams that Michigan would (I believe) wipe the floor with. Fact of the matter is Clemson has not had anything on their schedule that comes close to approaching the level of this Michigan team.
      AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Margin of victories are funny things. Vandy and Pitt played Notre Dame closer than M, for example. I would take M over either of those teams. Michigan played Northwestern close. I think TAMU and Northwestern are comparable. There is some value at looking at individual scores, but it's way down the line.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• And M struggled to beat a Northwestern team 2-7 Nebraska had on the ropes in their own house so what's the difference? Clemson is ridiculously talented and fast. They have proven to be an elite team for many years now with Dabo. M is finally starting to see HARBAUGH!!! make a difference. Could M beat Clemson? Sure. I wouldn't bet on it. The best title game would be Clemson and Bama Part like 7 or something...whatever it is. I think Bama would beat them 10-14 points...but Bama would beat M by 3 TD's IMHO.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• This is all a ridiculously moot point anyway. We are just wasting time on the CFP talk whilst waiting to crown Lord Saban once again...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              Margin of victories are funny things. Vandy and Pitt played Notre Dame closer than M, for example. I would take M over either of those teams. Michigan played Northwestern close. I think TAMU and Northwestern are comparable. There is some value at looking at individual scores, but it's way down the line.
              Yeah I do realize that I'm using the ole triangle theory -- it's used a lot in boxing (for example) by boxing fans. For example Fighter A beat Fighter C, but Fighter B lost to Fighter C and now Fighter A and Fighter B are going to fight in a month and it means that Fighter A is going to win, right? But of course that's not how it works. Styles make fights. Same thing applies to any sport.

Look all I'm saying is, Clemson, to me is a lot more vulnerable to teams outside of Alabama than a lot of people think. I've just been hearing from so many fans in recent weeks (in person and on various other message boards) that Alabama & Clemson are the only relevant teams in the country (if people want to make this argument then IMO take Clemson out of it and just say Alabama then), and how Clemson is the only team that can possibly challenge Alabama.

Clemson can go ahead and prove me wrong when the playoff starts but until then I see Clemson firmly on the same tier as Notre Dame, Michigan, Georgia, and Oklahoma.
              AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Yeah well that's just like...your opinion man...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I think they are a very good team. They haven't played a great sched, but they're undefeated and are 4th in scoring defense and 4th in scoring offense which is what very good teams do to a slate of mediocre teams.

That said, I think M would give them a good game. I would like to see it.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You guys are high if you think a one loss Michigan is getting in over Alabama if Alabama loses their CCG.

Two SEC teams again.

Michigan's only hope, provided they run the table, is that Alabama remains unbeaten. Then M can play Alabama in the first game and get their asses handed to them.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• That may be true, but year 4 Harbaugh is building Michigan back to the power house it should be. He is what we thought he was.

Its wasn't that long when the running joke was not to get "Clemsoning"

Cant see a discussion right now on tv or online about Michigan without Alabama brought up and that's a great thing for us Michigan fans.

Comment

• It is good to be relevant again, for sure
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Ian Book is out for ND. Wimbush, while mostly crap and not good enough to beat a lot of teams, is still probably good enough to beat the fledgling Taggarts.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• A lot of hurt QBs. Book, Trask at UF, Jalen and Tua gimpy, the kid at Texas Tech with the pneumo, etc, etc.

Comment

• Apparently Book broke rib(s) v. Northwestern ...... he also reportedly played through that injury. People who have broken ribs know how excruciatingly painful rib fractures are. Unless it is a complete fracture with the potential for a portion of that rib piercing the adjacent lung tissue, pain and re-injury through worsening of the fracture are the things a player has to deal with. I watched most of that game and don't recall that he was taken to the locker room at any time during the game for an XR. If he was complaining of pain - and I can't believe he didn't say something - that an XR wasn't done is pretty dumb on the part of the medical/training staff. So, they must have found the FX(s) post game.

He could play wearing a flak jacket and doped up on oral steroids and pain relievers. My experience treating these things in older populations is that they don't feel a whole lot better after a week and it usually takes a month for a callous to form such that you can consider them somewhat healed or on the way to complete healing. My pain reliever of choice was a narcotic and Percocet (Oxycodone and Acetaminophen) but that would be dumb to put him on one of those and have him play. NSAIDs, even at RX dose, won't do much.

If he plays v. Syracuse, you will know he's on drugs and that will only reduce the pain somewhat (assuming the staff is not dumb enough to put him on Oxy) ..... he is going to be affected mentally and physically. You will not want to absorb a hit. IMO, it would be borderline coaching malfeasance to put him in and subject him to the typical punishment QBs get in a game ...... but, Kelly has been known to compromise safety in the past.

Bottom line, this is a big deal for ND as Winbush is a liability and you know red face, even when he's on Prozac, is a dick and will be livid at the first mistake Winbush will make .... and he will make some.
                              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Greg McElroy played the 2009 NC game against Texas with two cracked ribs. Changed our gameplan a bit. Just depends on where and how bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X