No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMU's AD was personally signing checks and delivering them to players, haha. That's how arrogant and confident they were that nothing serious could ever happen to them.

Comment

• Art Briles has been fired.

Comment

• Art Briles ou

Originally posted by entropy View Post

Let me guess that this is no longer happening. Art Briles is out at Baylor, fired today according to ESPN

Comment

• I want to know more about what led to this. Apparently a damning report is due out today. With that said, about half of these reports and exposure pieces end up being a total bust.

Comment

• You just can't get the SWC out of those gad damned Texass schools lol
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
              I want to know more about what led to this. Apparently a damning report is due out today. With that said, about half of these reports and exposure pieces end up being a total bust.
              From what I heard on Sirius/XM today the Board of Regents at Baylor received the Peppers report (that was looking into the sexual assaults and other items) today and met to review it. That's what probably led to Art Briles being fired. No one public has seen the report yet, but we'll see if they release it.

Comment

• But why do Hugh Freese and Butch Jones still have jobs??
                $$$$$$$
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Good on Baylor for stepping up.

Comment

• With Briles, Starr, and surely the AD, gone, I wonder if this send BU back into the shitter as a department.

Comment

• The "damning" report is out.

Concusion -- Baylor is guilty of not establishing kangaroo courts for sexual assault in accordance with the Obama Administration's Title IX rules. Art Briles also failed to sufficiently act as judge, jury, and executioner when its players were accused of sexual assault and violence (accused, not convicted or even charged). The University is even guilty of applying a "very by the book student conduct approach that treated all respondents equally, regardless of their status as a student-athlete".
                      Last edited by Hannibal; May 26, 2016, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• It's a little more than that, but yeah -- it's mostly in response to the bullshit Dear Colleague "non-law" letter that is now Title IX law.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• That's what you got from that? Not surprised. WTF does Obama have to do with this.

Comment

• I'm honestly curious, Oracle -- how familiar are you with the OCR's Dear Colleague letter of 2011 (I think)? The summary section of the Baylor findings is textbook tracking of what the OCR NOW considers Title IX violations. Universities now have to act as quasi-criminal justice systems in response to any allegation of sexual violence or risk losing Federal funding.

I can go into this in mind-numbing detail. A relative of mine -- who is as ardent an Obamaniac as you can imagine -- works for OCR and deals with this newly minted issue on a daily basis.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Its always about Obama. Unless its about Republicans....then its about "government".

Learn the codes words man!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                I'm honestly curious, Oracle -- how familiar are you with the OCR's Dear Colleague letter of 2011 (I think)? The summary section of the Baylor findings is textbook tracking of what the OCR NOW considers Title IX violations. Universities now have to act as quasi-criminal justice systems in response to any allegation of sexual violence or risk losing Federal funding.

I can go into this in mind-numbing detail. A relative of mine -- who is as ardent an Obamaniac as you can imagine -- works for OCR and deals with this newly minted issue on a daily basis.
                                This.

In the end, the wild speculation that Art Briles impeded law enforcement investigations or colluded to cover up sex crimes is nowhere to be found in that report. All of the accusations center around Baylor not having a sufficient separate system of law enforcement and justice.

The quote that I wrote before isn't made up by the way. It's actually in the report. One of Baylor's "violations" is treating people equally instead of giving the testimony of the accused extra weight.

Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X