No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverend John I. Jenkins reacted to the decision by calling the NCAA process "perverted." That alone is some of the most strident language ever used by such a respected high-profile administrator against the association, let alone coming from a man of the cloth.

Comment

• And a Catholic one, speaking of perverts...

Comment

• UNC said if they offered 'paper classes' for decades, the NCAA has no say in the manner. The NCAA agreed and UNC got off, despite the PR hit. Notre Dame, finds out a tutor is helping 2 students for 2 semesters (not decades), self-reports it- and gets wins vacated....Why would schools ever self report going forward?

Comment

• Brian Kelly officially 48-34 (58.5%) at Notre Dame

Comment

• Is M still counting wins over those juggernauts such as...

Michigan Military Academy
            Detroit Athletic Club
            Adelbert (WTF?)
            Lake Forest
            Oberlin
            Wittenberg
            Physicians & Surgeons (I'm not making that up)
            Grand Rapid High (huh?)
            Kenyon
            Western Reserve
            Case
            Beloit
            Hillsdale
            Albion
            Kalamazoo (woohoo!)
            Carlisle
            Ferris Wheel errr.....State
            Ohio Northern
            American Medical (they loved playing against doctors apparently)

well that takes us all the up to...1905...

Shit no wonder ya'll have the most wins...heh...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Meanwhile the entire SEC is a pay-to-play outfit...the NCAA is a total joke.

Comment

• I could give a shit about pre 1969, when Bo arrived so, don't count me in among the idiots that tout M's all time win percentage or all time wins as some sort of badge of honor. Meaningless in the modern era of CFB.

talent dug some numbers out a while back when this # of all time wins BS was being advanced as some sign of M football superiority. They were depressing. I'm sure he'll be glad to share them again and he'll be sure to mention that in 2018, psu will emerge as osu's greatest rivalry because the storied M/osu rivaly of the 70s and 80's is dead as a doornail.

M football has been in the shitter for over a decade and I don't think it's going to climb out any time soon if the trend under Harbaugh continues and I don't see a whole lot to convince me that trend is going to be reversed.
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• The optimism around here is staggering.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• M football has been in the shitter for over a decade and I don't think it's going to climb out any time soon if the trend under Harbaugh continues and I don't see a whole lot to convince me that trend is going to be reversed.
                    I totally agree with this Jeff, im not sure how you changed your mind just a month back when you told me (chill) Michigan football will be fine? Im not even planning on being in the country next fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                      I totally agree with this Jeff, im not sure how you changed your mind just a month back when you told me (chill) Michigan football will be fine? Im not even planning on being in the country next fall.
                      What changed my mind? This and it has only become relevant in the last two weeks:

The two guys most immediately responsible for M's awful 2017 offense are still on Harbaugh's staff. This may turn out to be a good choice but outwardly and in the moment it is reflective of poor judgement on JH's part.

That and a few other things, oh, like the players on offense not knowing who their position coaches are 5w out from the spring game and the staff getting out-worked on the recruiting trail (Reese and Eyikor in particular) to close out the 2018 class. And lets include the list of names coming out as being interviewed for M's 10th coaching position .... more NFL guys who don't understand recruiting and never will and, WTF, McElwain? Give me a break. Seems to me either JH doesn't want a talented young gun with CFB experience, and there are plenty of them out there, or the best and the brightest don't want anything to do with Harbaugh or Michigan.

I think that will do for now.
                      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Shit no wonder ya'll have the most wins...heh...
                        Let me give a call to Mark VII to verify those wins and explain to you the reason they are so important.

Comment

• more NFL guys who don't understand recruiting and never will
                          When your 105 out of 129 teams in total offense we would be better off with less NFL brainy-acts making millions that cannot see that 7 step drops with routes taking 5 seconds to develop isn't working.

As it stands right now (Shea not eligible) I see next year going like Hoke’s last year except we will be bowl eligible. The defense will keep us in every game until it can’t hold up anymore because offense can’t sustained drives (like vs SC).

Comment

• Lmao@MarkVII line. Stellar work, WF.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Jeff pronounces Michigan football dead for good at least once a quarter.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                                Meanwhile the entire SEC is a pay-to-play outfit...the NCAA is a total joke.
                                No more than the entire Big Ten.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X