No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys are thinking of The Revenant.

Comment

• Bearheart.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Drop NC State out of the top 25 please.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Damn first time I turned off a game and just seen NCS lost to WF

Comment

• disturbing yet sweet
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Who tried to convince me NC state was a quality win for Clemson?

Comment

• shaddup...you dreamt it
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Louisville is such a dumpster fire now. Have fun with the Bobby Petrino + $14 million buyout.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• This Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State game has been nuts. Over 1300 yards of offense.
                    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• If either team had a defense, they would be dangerous.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• USC will fire him this year, surely. Surprised that they didn't drive him to LAX and fire him last night.

Comment

• All of the #1-6 CFP contenders notched wins yesterday.

#1 Alabama, relying on defense, shut out #18 Mississippi State 24/0 for thier second straight shut out. We can continue to disregard AA's ridiculous sandbagging about youth and injuries on the D. Tua did not play the 4th quarter and wasn't needed. He did take a couple of low hits according to Saban but "not from the back where his problem is." That's a Posterior Cruciate Ligamnet issue if it is anything - nothing a brace can't protect but does limit Tua's mobility ala. McSorely.

#2 Clemson had a solid win against #17 BC who lost their starting QB early in the first quarter. It was a nothing burger offense that could manage just 7 points after that although BC's defense held Clemson to 27 points. Clemson relied on Trevor Lawrence's arm (29/49/1TD - 295) throwing to 9 different targets for the win. Clemson's DL is impressive and the defense logged 4 sacks - one of which knocked BC's starting QB out.

#3 ND without Ian Book beat a terrible FSU team 42/13. Winbush was Winbush and although Kelly praised the senior, there's no question he'd rather have Book back and so it will be next week v. Syracuse.

#4 UGA beat a shitty #24 Auburn team in Athens, 27-10. There was nothing inspiring about this win - workman like, I suppose. UGA is NOT going to beat Alabama who will probably limit UGA's RB DiAndre Swift (17/186/10.9) and put enough pressure on Jake Fromm (13/20/193/2TDs/1INT) to limit his ability to get UGA into the endzone.

#6 OU escaped with a win v. Okie State in Norman when Taylor Cornelius (34/53/3TDs - 501 yards) threw incomplete on a 2 point conversion attempt that would have won the game. The throw that was makeable hit the ground. There was over 1200 yards of offense in this game. I don't think OU is, or should be, a threat to grab one of the 4 CFP spots and will face #9 WVU to finish the season. The Big12 does not have a CCG.

With Tua a bit gimpy, although he could play with one leg and Bama would still win, the most balanced contenders for the CFPs are Clemson and maybe Michigan or ND - both a distant 2nd to Clemson. The strength of these three teams is their defenses. UGA is not going to win the SEC so, bye-bye. ND could lose to The Orangemen in Yankee Stadium next week but, again ND's defense is championship level legit. I don't see ND losing. I also jdon't see the committee putting #6 OU, if it beats WVU and that one is a toss-up, IMO, in ahead of Michigan assuming that M beats both IU and osu the next two weeks.

ND or UGA losses, which are the two most likely contenders to lose, just helps M. Fans talk like they'd like M to face Clemson. That would be a battle of 2 QBs facing very good defenses. I don't think it makes any difference who M plays. The current spreads (UAT by 14 and Clemson by 7 over M) are probably about right.
                            Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 11, 2018, 08:17 AM.
                            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• 1. Tua's injury is a lateral meniscus and a gastroc tendon. Now a deep bruised quad. He was so injured last night Saban said he could not have returned.

2. This is game 10. While they were young, after 10 games of coaching and PT, they aren't anymore.

Comment

• Hmmmm ...... the meniscus thing is probably the less serious one. A gastroc tendon injury can be a bitch. In my distant youth, I had a soleus muscle tear right where it's body inserts into a short tendon and then joins the gastroc tendon. I got it from over-training (repeated foot flexion/extension running on hard surfaces - I was doing interval sprints on a track). It never completely healed and ended competitive running for me, I was in my late 30s. It would be fine for the first 20 minutes of running briskly then flair up. Very painful and this after warming up, slow pacing and then competing. I can see how this would be a problem for Tua and how he feels fine in warm-ups but can hardly stand on it as the game goes on.
                                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X