Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss ol' chrome dome. A buckeye with class. For those 'newbies' here, Paul was scarlet and gray through and through yet despite that major character flaw, a true gentleman. Paul shaved his head long before it was fashionable. He donated his time in a children's cancer ward and to put kids at ease he became bald, just like them.

I told him at that game anytime he wanted to come up for an M-osu contest, I'd give him a ticket. Thats been what, 15 years or so?, and he's never taken me up on it. I wonder if Paul's UM wife has anything to do with it...
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I'm from the Free Press days ('96), just only posted in the Tigers forum and lurked the University of Michigan forum. I might've posted there too, way too long ago to remember.

formerly wm tiger...

Comment

• wm tiger was a total asshole. I mean like AA-assholish.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Only to those who were deserving.

Comment

• Lots of memories! I joined during the Freep Forum days, I think in 1997. I wish I'd kept some notes on posters in those old days. I do remember Linesman and Hannibal were already on board. I also remember some female posters from those days -- can't remember the names. Here are some old names that I jotted down a few years ago: Tony G, wm Tiger, Jericho, 9 Franklin, Tunz, Heater, Jamie H, evil empire, Randy Hansen, Ein Prosit,

Comment

• Tunz - our resident Iowa stalwart. Heater - an Air Force schmuckeye. Ein Prosit - always good for a laugh. Jamie H - wish he'd come back from his west coast isolation.

What was that Florida judge's name? Terry LaRue? He wrote an anthem after the 97 season that I still have somewhere. Freakin awesome work. Must have been a Lit major as an undergrad.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Lots of memories! I joined during the Freep Forum days, I think in 1997. I wish I'd kept some notes on posters in those old days. I do remember Linesman and Hannibal were already on board. I also remember some female posters from those days -- can't remember the names. Here are some old names that I jotted down more recently: Tony G, wm Tiger, Jericho, 9 Franklin, Tunz, Heater, Jamie H, evil empire, Randy Hansen, Ein Prosit, SKYLAR TOWNHOUSE, Super Gator, Zapata, Spartan in Houston, JB2 (still here?), Blue in Wisconsin, Steel Buck.

Comment

• And of course, the immortal Jerry Bouldin.

Comment

• Some more names: Regalbuck, Clashmore Mike, Truspartan, whoDean. Some of the names I listed may still post occasionally.

Sorry to hear about Rob F. He lives I think in Watervliet and on occasion was able to stop by Kalamazoo and borrow my season tx. Nice guy. But Liney (Linesman) has been the glue of this forum. Without his wisdom and dipolmatic skills this forum would never have survived.

I'm just starting to realize just how much the camaraderie of this forum has meant to me.

Comment

• Obviously many "In the know" have received emails.

I'm gonna miss OP (2002) never feared calling a poster on his BS.

Sadly, Buchanan is not here to answer for his folly.

I've got your back 100% Liney. For as long as I can remember you bent over backwards accommodating many undeserving posters. Thx
                      Last edited by Prime2; August 16, 2016, 09:31 PM.
                      "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• If it's any consolation, I hate you all. Especially
                        Talent.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Your hatred of Talent means a lot to us, AA. You're alright.

Anyone remember Off Tackle?? That guy was AWESOME!

Comment

• Lots of names wow, OT just seen your living in Linden Mi? My son lived there before moving to Ann Arbor.

Packfan claimed to be a Wisconsin fan years ago, but he has since shown Michigan fan tendencies. Big debate was .. Packfan = Charles Hardway??

Always a M fan. Was non trouble making M fan jim morrison at the Freep, also met a lot of the guys at one Michigan game before (packfan) . Started out as a sorta remonstrate with the disenchanted feelings for Carr/Detroit Lions. Then the move to the UP and my wifes family big packer fans up there. Wisky's got good also and really did cheer them on in them days.... lol.

Ah well, back for 13 years in MI and don't really think about other teams now besides Michigan and Red Wings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                              How many originals are there? You, me, Liney, Jeff, JRB, wiz and talent <shudder>, ???
                              I don't know if I'm an original but I started posting back in the Freep days, maybe '96.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                Your hatred of Talent means a lot to us, AA. You're alright.

Anyone remember Off Tackle?? That guy was AWESOME!
                                Wasn't he the douchebag that lived in San Diego on here? Glad he hasn't come back.

Comment

Working...
                                X