Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When opening a topic, is there any way to start on the page with the most recent posts, instead of on Page 1 every time?

Comment

• There's a blue "fast forward" looking icon next to the date/time of the most recent post. Click on that. If, that is, you've mastered basic point and click technology. Cornell. Sheesh.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        There's a blue "fast forward" looking icon next to the date/time of the most recent post. Click on that. If, that is, you've mastered basic point and click technology. Cornell. Sheesh.
        Mahalo. May your children have their hearts set on ridiculously overpriced private schools like Elon or Marist

Comment

• ...is it still acceptable to use "STFU" and "shaddup" in this new forum?

Asking for a fiend.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
            ...is it still acceptable to use "STFU" and "shaddup" in this new forum?

Asking for a fiend.
            No. Instant banning. Tell your friend he's an ass

Comment

• STFU
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• FORUM POSTING RULES - Read before posting

Forum Rules.

(1) The guiding principle for posting in this forum is moderate yourselves.

No

(2) Don't write a post that attacks, impugns or denigrates another poster's character. There's an obvious difference between the language of humor and hateful, debased language. Know the difference and post accordingly.

shaddup

(3) This is a Michigan sports forum. The forum welcomes posts from M's sports rivals. Talking smack, posting sass is what college sports rivalries are all about. Rules (1) and (2) above apply. If you don't want to view the posts of a rival talking smack or sassing, use the ignore feature in User Controls.

STFU

(4) This forum is about sharing thoughts, ideas and viewpoints about all sports, any number of subjects and issues, learning stuff from other posters and having fun. There are threads by subject matter within the forum for doing this. Keep the threads on point.

Stifle

NB: The rules above are not intended to build a case to ban a poster. There are consequences for rule breaking as specified below. That's as far as it should go. Only the most egregious and persistent rule breaking would cause the moderators to consider a ban.

Moderators:

STFU

Due Process.

(1) The forum has 6 moderators. Jeff Buchanan, Jon, JD, Hannibal, Oracle, Entropy. None of them want to moderate adult posters who should know better. There may be posts that break the rules.

All of youse can shaddup

(2) Posters who, at the sole discretion of a moderator, break a rule will be given a warning post that will site one of the rules listed above as the reason for the deletion.

Bite me

(3) If the rule breaking behavior continues, a moderator can remove an offending post and any ensuing post that whines about that action. If a moderator removes a post(s) the reason for the removal(s) will be posted with the removal notice that appears in the thread. This should be the end of it. Man up, take responsibility for breaking the rules. The forum moves on. If not, see below.

Stop the run.

(4) A poster who has had a warning or a post(s) removed can certify a question by PM to any moderator about that action. Do not complain about the action or attempt to make your case in the forum/threads. Moderators shall do their best to address the question within 72h. At the end of 72h the majority opinion of the moderators responding will be the answer.

I am complaining about the action...now STFU.

(5) Banning a poster for egregious and repeated rule breaking requires a unanimous vote to ban from all 6 moderators. We don't anticipate this will ever happen.

Wanna bet?
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I have six different personalities. I can ban you at any time.

Wus
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• STFU
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Fellas...

Some folks are having problems either logging in or finding where to login. I suspect, but don't know for sure, that these people are using a bookmark to access the forum. I think the URL to the forum changed with this upgrade so that bookmark may need to be updated.

If you are having trouble logging in or finding the login area, please go here first:

http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/forums/

Once there, look for the login option at the very top right of your window. See screenshot below:

Be sure to update your bookmarks!!
                      Attached Files
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I never dove deep into the inner workings of the previous M forum iteration. Found what features I needed to use and used them. So, not claiming any deep insight here but here are a few tips for the new forum based on features in the previous forum I used regularly:

You have to be logged in for you to be able to see which posts in a thread you haven' seen yet. I think that issue has been covered. Just make sure on the M Forum home page that you scroll all the way to the top of the page as the page appears to load a few lines below where the log in bar is located (at least that is how my screen works and is why I missed it this morning).

The "have to be logged in requirement....." is not new but how a thread displays what you've not yet seen (assuming you are logged in) is different. A thread with a new post is bolded but it is not as easy to see as it was in the old format and that may be a function of how your screen displays colors.

The symbol to click to go to the newest post in a thread you have not seen yet is located to the immediate left of the thread title. It's a small, round blue disk with two, small, down arrows within it. Click on it and you'll roll to the newest post that you've not seen. Once you've viewed the latest posts that symbol goes away until there is a new post, then it reappears. I had to click on that blue symbol for every thread to get my forum display to reflect that I'd seen all new posts. I think in the cross-over, the new software doesn't know what post and in what thread you last read.

The easiest way to do that is open the thread at the blue symbol, it will take you to what the software thinks is the last post you read, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the last page number displayed (there is no last page feature as in the old forum), click on it, return to the bottom of the page, click on Go to Top, then Click on University of Michigan. Rinse and repeat until all the blue symbols are cleared. You can quickly clear all of them this way. Still a PIA.

There's no navigation drop downs at the top and bottom of the page. In the past, these allowed you to move back to the main forum page and elsewhere with one click. Forum navigation in the new format is at the top of the page underneath the Forums Tab: Home > Forum > Sports Discussion Forums > University of Michigan (assuming you're looking at the main page of the M forum). You can get to any of the Detroit Lions Forums at this location and also back to the main M forum page.

At the bottom of the page you're viewing, click Go to Top, then Click University of Michigan and you'll end up back at the main M forum page.

There's no longer a side bar in your account as in the old format to allow you to set up how far back you want to see threads. That feature is now located just above the colored portion of the thread display on the M home page: Here you'll find a light blue "New Topic" button (obvious what this is for). To the right of that is a "filter" drop down. Here you can filter how far back you want to see threads displayed. Mine is set at one month as two weeks is no longer an option. To the right of that is a note pad and pencil symbol. Click on this and all the things you could do in the sidebar on your account page is located here.

Please post user tips and things you'd like to see in the user interface here as you find them so Deb can consider acting on them. I absolutely hate new user interfaces on phones, all types of computing devices and forums. My view is that the software designers implementing new UIs think they are making wonderful strides for users. Not always. This one though is not bad but some stuff isn't intuitive like symbology and such. My son, Sean, says this is good training for the geriatric population and tells me to get with the program because he is not going to teach me how to turn on his entertainment system each time he gets a new box and controller. Figure it out.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• For the love of all things holy Buchanan STFU
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• No.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Please?
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Anyone know how to permantly disable smilies? I would use them, but I am not a 15-year-old girl.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X