This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
      All-in-all, we've got a good group. I'd love everyone that left in a huff a year or so ago and set up another forum to return/figure out a way to merge the two forums. I may reach out and see if there is any interest in that.
      Bring back Liney!

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I agree to bring back liney. Dude owes me money.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Who left besides liney?

Comment

• Just don't let his thin-skinned ass be a moderator
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Rob F is over at MGoBlog with Jamie H - Prime2 has a grudge he wont let go

Comment

• Yeah, I see them over there occasionally. I like Rob. Who does Prime hate? Me? Quite possibly. AA for certain.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• No not you, I think its dumb though

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                        No not you, I think its dumb though
                        OP is pissed at me. It's weird. He got bent of shape over some things Sean (my son) posted when he was posting here; thought it was disrespectful. Our social relationship completely ended with him leaving me holding the bag with $600 worth of tickets for the M/Alabama game in Dallas at Jerry's world. It was a message, I guess.

About that time, Sean stopped posting less because of that than it was a time suck he couldn't afford and cutting into family time. So, that was simmering - then we had Liney's blow-up and the two sides emerged: there were those that supported open posting and the ignore button as needed and those that didn't and wanted posters banned. Those that didn't/wanted posters banned left.

Since that break-up, it seems to me, we have had absolutely no problems with edgy posts here that otherwise might have been deleted back then. The rules, that I got a lot of help in designing them, are good ones and the folks posting here aren't children likely to develop hurt feelings over the edgy ones. In sort of a forumy way, I think we all know and respect each other.

OP has since expressed his distaste for this forum and me in particular because he felt Linesman got undermined when he was running it. I've reached out to him twice by PM and email. No response. I see Mike and Linesman at tail gates. No hard feelings between us at all but we don't talk about the two forms either. I know Mike reads posts here and Linesman probably does too. Linesman posted once recently here in honor of Veteran's Day. OP used to join us for away tailgates/games when he could - no more. Doug Dillon used to post here a bit and stopped because of time issues and disliking the open posting rules that cluttered football discussions. He told me last week that he's dipping his toe back in a bit at the other forum and said I ought to have a look. I haven't yet because I can't find it and forgot to to ask Mike Pitts - the owner, not that Mike, for the address which I am pretty sure he would have given to me.

I think talent is right that they are happy where they are and we are who we are and I don't think that's going to change. The two people that I would love to get back in here on the regular are Mike and Linesman. Doug has excellent insight into a lot of things Athletic Department related plus he knows a shit-ton about football and football rules. Love to get him posting here. Maybe over time they'll all post here.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• They say that breaking up is hard to do...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Yeah, I see them over there occasionally. I like Rob. Who does Prime hate? Me? Quite possibly. AA for certain.

But I am lovable.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• False. You are like sandpaper. Stinky sandpaper. Stinky gay sandpaper.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You are irrelevant.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X