X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those are my rules from now on, sir.

Post at your own risk.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• EVERY TIME I have offered to step aside, I've been told to stick
      around. So, that's why I'm still here.

My mistake has been to be polite at those times. As much as I like reading your posts and respect you as a fellow sports fan, gentleman and poster, I'm baffled at how you approach the moderator role and I've little doubt we'd see more action on the forum if we tried to strike the right balance between your extreme and the one on the other end you would like to avoid.

Comment

• I think I've made it clear how I intend to moderate this forum from now on.

I have no idea what the future holds. I may lighten up, I may become even more tight-assed. Maybe it all depends on how Michigan does in football this year.

Its obvious that what I've done up to this point has not worked. Its time to try something else, which I have laid out above.

That's the way its going to be for now.

Comment

• When will we get the red & yellow cards?

Seems to me that JB had a hand in penning the Liney Manifesto.
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• No cards for you, sir.

The card idea has gone the way of the Edsel.

I'll decide what stays and what goes.

Comment

• I don't know what it is you think you are going to try that's different. What's appropriate here depends on the day, the subject, and your feelings on the person involved. That's how it's always been and you just said that that's how it's gonna go in the future. The only thing I could think of that you could do differently is to delete the OSU thread, which nobody but you wants. This desire to impose your own personal sensibilities on the whole group is ridiculous.

Comment

• Wait, where else am I going to post my daily Gallant Defeat? Spiteful shit, hack.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If getting Hack onboard is desirable, I'd recommend pink or pastel lavender cards, they would likely entice him.
                  ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• You WOULD try, and there's a sailor's logic right there. But you are not going to get me onboard any of your vessels. Lord knows where they've been or what fluids have sloshed across their decks when you and your South Beach friends drink your alcopops and pretend you're staying at the YMCA.

Comment

• Hack, the best thing I can tell you, is that we have an element here that has decided to do everything in their power to push ALL THE MODS to our limits. I've tried cajoling. I've tried good natured ribbing. I've tried to hint. I've even tried simply ignoring. Still, after all that, these elements fail to respect what few rules we have here, and try to abide by.

Its obvious that these elements have refused to abide by even our simplest of rules, and not only in how they relate to me, but to others here as well.

So now, it will be more arbitrary. If they wish to take joy in the fact that they've "pushed Liney over the edge", that's fine. I admit it, .. I'm over the edge. Lets see if they come with me or take a step back from the brink.

Hack, if you wish to discuss this with me more, I will be more than happy to discuss this with you via e-mail. I can share other information with you there that I cannot share here. Because of that, I do not wish to continue this conversation in the open forum.

You can email me at: lineygoblue@gmail.com

Thanks.

Comment

• I still can't understand the use of the plural.

Comment

• They didn't explain plurals in grammar school in ohio?

See, there's another reason you should leave that place.

Comment

• No. But they explain honesty and calling a spade a spade.

Comment

• Well, good. Then you know what I'm talking about after all.

Comment

• liney...

I think you're one of the nicest guys in the world and I've always respected your friendship. I'm know how I'd feel if fans from a school I disliked constantly bashed UNL... how to moderate that, I'm not sure what i'd do.

to some extent, the ohio thread does provide entertainment and action... good or bad action is up to the reader. when things settle down, maybe think about threads having certain purposes and let them go... I've noticed on several other boards they have separate locations for non informative interactions. if you want to avoid, it's very easy... that way Hack can get his thrills where he wants.. =)

just some thoughts.. your board ultimately.
                                Last edited by entropy; July 17, 2013, 11:52 AM.
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X