Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what you mean exactly. When I visit a topic, I use the check mark to the left of the topic. After I read the topic, I hit the page back button at the top of my browser (Safari). Doing this always seemed to "reset" the topic to then let me know when new messages were posted. That is, the topic would be in bold again. I just tried it with your topic/thread and it did not "clear" like it usually does. I don't seem to be doing anything different than I have before. Maybe a momentary glitch somewhere.

Comment

Still having the same problem this a.m. Anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

Obvious so apologize in advance .... but are you logged in? If you don't log in, your posts/visits aren't tracked.
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Good question. I can post messages. I wouldn't be able to do that if I wasn't logged in but yes I am logged in.

Comment

I haven't had that problem, Mac. Are you sure its not your computer?
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Well it certainly could be. However, everything else is running as it should be except for the aforementioned glitch. It was working fine till a couple days ago. No power outages or anything like that to complicate matters. I'm hoping it's just some type of glitch that will disappear as quickly as it arrived. Thanks.

Comment

What browser do you use? Do you have a second browser on your machine? Try a different browser and see if the problem is still happening.

You didn't change your settings and turn cookies off or something did you?

Comment

Jamie makes a good point. I don't even use IE anymore. I use Firefox exclusively.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

I don't see a problem on either IE8 or Firefox 6

Comment

Do note that if I hit the back button immedately after reading a topic, the page still shows the thread in bold. But if I refresh the browser window (or navigate to a new page) when I come back the page is updated properly.

Mac are the threads NEVER updating correctly for you? Or do they eventually update?

Comment

Same here, Jamie. If I back page then the topic is still bolded. If you load a new page it isn't. Mac, go all the way to the bottom of this page and in the lower right there is a drop down menu called "Forum Jump". Make sure it is on University of Michigan and click the "Go" button next to it. It will navigate back to the main page with all the thread titles and whatever you just read will no longer be bolded.

Comment

The "Forum Jump" worked and gets rid of the bold print after I have read the thread. Hate to add an extra step every time but maybe that is a good option. I am running Safari. I have not tried any of the other browsers. Tried Firefox once but did not care for it but maybe I just did not give it enough time. Sometime I even quit Safari but when I come back the Forum topics have not "refreshed." Haven't done anything new to my setting but will double check. I appreciate the input and help guys.

Comment

Mac, alternatively you could just hit the back button and then refresh your browser window. I don't know what the hotkey is on Mac--it is F5 on Windows.

Comment

I've never had success with the "back" button as far as resetting the thread. I always use the TOP arrow in the most recent post (bottom right of the post) to get to the top of the page then click on the forum name at the top. Seems faster than to scroll down to the Jump.
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

Lines ...... if you're going to be at home tomorrrow AM will you close the Pre-Game thread and open a game day thread as well as closing the game day thread after the ball game and starting a post game thread .... thanks.

Any mod can do this, better if one is in charge of it but that seemed to work out for everybody last weekend but OP and his Blackberry:-)
                                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X