Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's fine JB, I will have PC access this weekend. Sorry I missed the festivities, was just a few minutes away from buying a pair from a reseller, flights etc., but as you know my best friend is dying of bone cancer so I decided to stay home for the weekend as he needs my help. My best to everyone.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

Jeff - I'm going to be in and out tomorrow with the family, so I'll do what I can to close the threads, and open new ones as needed.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Jeff .. thanks for the great job today on thread management. Sorry I wasn't around to help a bit.

Comment

Your welcome.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Too many stickied threads, half of them should be unstuck to provide an easier reading experience.
            Atlanta, GA

Comment

I agree ..... which ones? I usually stick the most current game discussion and unstick it when the time for discussion ends. Some don't like multiple threads for a singe game. I like the recruiting threads stuck. Give us some feed back.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

I don't think the Tigers and Wings need to be stickied, otherwise you're lookin' good.
                Atlanta, GA

Comment

Originally posted by whodean View Post
                  Too many stickied threads, half of them should be unstuck to provide an easier reading experience.
                  My concern as well. Active threads with high participation get stuck, lodged between "Sticky" threads that seem to have very little active postings. When using IPOD's or mobile devices, it gets most cluttered at times, especially on game day. Why not let threads fall naturally, antiquated postings seem to fall rapidly to the bottom similarly like they did at "WorldCrossing".

Last I strongly recommend a "Pre & Post" single game day thread, that's where logically most of the traffic is anyway on that day, if it can be "stuck" at the top that would be most considerate.
                  ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

OK .... anyone object or want other changes, speak up ....

(1) If it's not about M sports, its unstuck.

(2) One pre-game, in-game and post game thread. Mods will simply change the title of the existing thread for that weeks game.

(3) Unfortunately, if I've got this right, the only way to keep threads we want quick access to, like recruiting, up top is to sticky them. At WC mods could permanently assigning threads to the top of the page in any order we wanted them. So, Sticky is the only way to keep threads we want at the top of the board on the top of the board.

Comment

• Better, thanks
                      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Unstuck threads (like the Lions, Tigers, Red Wings & Pistons) will jump to the top when they are relevant. With Tigers in the postseason, they'll be discussions in there every day till the seasons over.

Comment

• I'm asking for opinions before taking any action.

I am considering the deletion of the "What's That Smell" thread.

A bit of history. Some of you will remember our good friend and Ohio State fan, Paul S. He is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet, and I am proud to call him my friend. Anyway, when the forum opened over at World Crossing, Paul came in and created the "M-Borg Resistance Thread", as a place where he could come in and chirp at us, and we would banter back and forth with people like him, Regel, a fellow named "Heater", and a few other ohio fans. This was all good natured stuff, and Paul even came to a few of our tailgate gatherings.

However, since that time, the continuation of the thread has gone from anything good natured, to a lot of insulting, and some bad feelings.

For that reason, I am considering the closure of the thread, and only allowing threads that are of interest to Michigan fans.

I am not considering the closure of the "Husker Nation" thread, because "Entropy" has run that thread very well, and has been with us since the old FREEP days. As far as I'm concerned, he and his fellow Husker fans always have a place here, to come in and chat with us.

In fact, I'm not opposed to ohio fans continuing to post here, in our own threads. I just don't see the need to continue to provide them their own space, when all its doing is creating bad feelings that have no benefit to anyone.

So, .. I'm throwing the question out there.

Kill the thread.... or Leave It Alone?

Vote, please.

Thank you.

Comment

• It doesn't matter, those discussions pop up in other threads.

What you should do is encourage our regular posters who have so much trouble dealing with the supposed interlopers to put them on ignore.

Most of the time those posts are ruining what is typically an enjoyable forum.

I'm going to jump on my high horse here, but the behavior of some folks is fucking childish, on both sides of the fence. Saying "I'm leaving" and then sticking around to see what folks have to say about it is about as juvenile as it gets. It's the little kid who leaves the kickball game only to hide around the corner to see if the other kids are sad he left. Absurd. This type of stuff has ruined the other pieces of quality info these osu guys sometimes bring.

And to our regular M posters, just ignore these guys if you don't want them around. People post and then hang out to see what kind of reaction they get. Period. That's it. If you don't have the will power to ignore the bait, then stick 'em on ignore and be done with it. And IMO, saying "I'm not reading your posts anymore" is almost as childish as what they are doing. Sorry Lines, not picking on you, it's just something I've noticed in here from time to time.

We're giving this far too much attention and time as it is. Don't let it fester with a bunch of "should we ban this guy, kill that thread?" type of stuff. If we want it gone, have the stones to ignore the BS and move on. It doesn't require a damn committee to get it done.

I'm sorry if I offend. It's just that it's quite difficult to find the good pieces of information amongst all the crap these days.

Comment

• I ignore the Ohio fans' posts because this is a Michigan forum.

If I want to see a stupid block O avatar, I will go to their forums.
                              If I want their opinion on issues, I will go to their forums.
                              and so on..

Like I said in one of my posts, there's no point reading what they have to say. When things go their way, they are insufferable. When things don't go their way, they deflect and disappear.

It's been the same my entire life and this forum is simply a microcosm of my experiences.

Comment

• Well said, Sean .. and no offense taken.

You made some very good suggestions.

Thank you for your input as well, Michael.

Comment

Working...
                                X