This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hack:

I believe you said "let someone else take the reigns (sic) here already". Liney isn't giving you a guilt trip. You asked for it.

Maybe you should moderate a new thread titled "Anyone who is critical of Detroit is a Sheltered Nutter" .

Comment

• Hack, I guess I don't know what else to do for you.

You suggest I "turn over the reins", and I agreed.

You suggest that I "hold a vote", and I agreed.

I even offered to leave completely so that the forum can decide for itself which direction you want to go ... and then you say I'm laying a guilt trip on you.

Sheesh, man .... my offer to leave probably gave Talent and Strangelove the best wet dream they've had since their teenage years ... and you're now pulling the rug out from under them.

Have you no compassion at all?

Look, the participants of this forum have always had, and will continue to have the power to decide things for themselves.

Vote? Go ahead. I'll abide by whatever the majority wants. And, I think you're right, I've made this offer before.

Any of the mods who want to take over the "lead" role, please let me know. The job is yours. I've made that offer before as well.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Liney, don't leave!!. You are and have always been the glue that has kept the forum viable, for nearly 2 decades! Spats come and go and there has been plenty of turnover but the core has stayed.

Going to the UM forum has been my default relief from the stresses of life. We all need connections. And coming to the tailgates has greatly enhanced this experience.

Comment

• I agree. I've always loved Liney and his totally fair and unbiased moderating style.

Its a refreshing change from the other places I visit...
          Last edited by lineygoblue; July 13, 2015, 07:38 PM.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• You make this offer about twice a year. Each time, you threaten to leave the forum. It seems like your participation here is contingent on you having complete control over the place -- you don't seem to be able to consider posting here on an equal basis to everyone else. Maybe that's just some manipulative trick, because by this point, having done this so regularly, you surely must know that everyone is going to beg you to stay.

I like Geezer's idea. Frankly it's pretty clear that the no-politics rule is very difficult to apply. Given that reality, maybe it's time to consider controlling the problem rather than continuing to fail to eradicate it. Perhaps we should consider having a politics thread. Obviously people can choose to participate or not participate, and there would be a place that political posts could be moved to when they crop up outside it. I think that sorta thing should be contained just as the OSU stuff is contained.
            Last edited by hack; July 13, 2015, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Ok smartasses, there is only one way to settle this and Liney will be ready!

[youtube]AphxyjrH4SE[/youtube]
              Last edited by Prime2; July 13, 2015, 07:40 AM.
              "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                I'm Jewish so guilt trips work on me. Carry on as you will then. No vote on my account or blood on my hands. These semi-annual "my way completely or I off myself" episodes aren't my favorite tho.
                LOL Hack, this reminds me of the hiking/biking group in the singles ministry where I met my wife. Prior to going biking the group would form a circle and the leaders would make any announcements needed and then there would be a circle question asked to help break the ice and give people something to start conversations about later. This one guy kept making comments complaining about the questions Lori was asking (right in front of everyone, how rude!)so finally they told him to ask the question the next Saturday. So what does he do? He asks not one but two questions and they were both so esoteric and convoluted that people were having trouble answering them and it took forever. Finally part way through the responses to question two the group lead announced that it was taking too much time and that we needed to get going. The guy never complained about her questions again.
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• The problem is content vs viewpoint. Everyone here is fine with content moderation. No politics. Fine. Stay on topic in M recruiting and M season threads. Fine. However, that isn't particularly well-enforced. Then the moderation transitions from content to viewpoint. Sure, talk about politics until someone posts something disagreeable to a mod. Sure, talk about the NFL in the recruiting thread until something disagreeable to the mod is posted.

Or, what hack said. Or, even more succinctly...be fair.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Heh. Well, I guess I should know better already. Linesman knows how and when to play his trump card.

Comment

• Its really obvious what happens here. Liney is inconsistent, Hack likes to poke him to get his jollies, then we continue on.

Liney, just keep up with moving the oLIEo dreck to its own thread and you're winning.
                      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Goddamn it, this again. I'm going to Detroit ok guys??!!? And I'm excited!

Comment

• Bottomline, it is Liney's forum, you post by his grace and at his pleasure.

If this simple rule is too difficult to follow, GFY.
                          "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                            Goddamn it, this again. I'm going to Detroit ok guys??!!? And I'm excited!
                            Ditto?except for the going to Detroit and excited thing.

Comment

• Very true. But, like whoDean points out, somebody has to provide opportunities for cultural diversification.

Comment

• My offer to leave will be a standing offer. Anytime the majority of our Michigan folks here want me to leave, I'll go. I think that should end any future discussion of this topic.

My offer to let any Michigan fan take over the lead moderator role is a standing offer. Want the job? Let me know.

Otherwise, ... I wuv you guys too ...

Now shaddup and get back to talking sports.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X