This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And a note to mods

I believe you can go to the admin section and see the posts that I deleted from 'the talent"

You tell me if I acted inappropriately .
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Because when you post within our rules, I leave you alone. Its very simple.

No you don't. I've seen that for myself.

Comment

• When he directs his insults at me, I have "edited" his posts. Usually I add a comment that I feel is more appropriate than his insult. Today, I added a "men on film" video from Living Color.

Guilty as charged.

I didn't start this latest go around. This is all on him

Comment

• Sometimes you change them just for fun. Not that I'm a forums expert, but I've never seen anything like it.

Comment

• You deleted at least two posts that included no personal insult at all. I called your position on the"The Game" moronic. That was edited. I stand by that assertion. It is moronic. It's also off topic for a recruiting thread.

Don't for a second pretend that you treat me equally. That's farcical. I get treated differently by the worst moderator I've ever seen. I was part of this community. I post frequently, nearly all on point and I contribute to board costs. For that I get posts deletes that, e.g., poke fun at Geezer or joke about a thread being off topic or take issue with obvious trolling.

It's total bullshit. You're just awful.
            Last edited by iam416; November 16, 2015, 07:40 PM.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• How do they say it, Linusthinskinnus?

Comment

• Good lord, I almost missed this:

But, when you make things personal, and start insulting our forum members, our team, our fans, our coaches, and our school, then I'm sorry sir, .. I'm going to become involved.
                Yeah, I better leave. There's literally no way for me to post in this forum without being critical of M in some regard. And that opens the door to "insulting." Hannibal spends vast number of posts telling us all how terrible various parts of M are. John U. Bacon wrote a book about how awful the M AD was under Brandon. Various posters call various parts of the team total shit during gameday. But, heaven forbid I "insult" any aspect of M, well, then big bad Liney will become involved!

I can't believe this you started this entire crusade over one post where I rightfully called your ideas about "The Game" moronic. Well, I mean I can. It's what you do. Then, when called to the mat, you nail yourself to cross. Rinse and repeat. Meanwhile, The Oracle basically says it's a pretty "shitty" idea and, of course, nothing. Like I said, don't you dare pretend you treat me the same. Even you aren't that big of a liar.

But, alas, you win.

Comment

• Damn. That's the winner analogy right there. Jesus.

Comment

• Talent, at least you don't have Buchanan gunning for you.

Everyone stop. Take a deep breath while imagining interpretive dance major Hack dancing to this, then feel free to puke.

And I need you now tonight
                    And I need you more than ever
                    And if you only hold me tight
                    We'll be holding on forever
                    And we'll only be making it right
                    'Cause we'll never be wrong
                    Together we can take it to the end of the line
                    Your love is like a shadow on me all of the time
                    (All of the time)
                    I don't know what to do
                    I'm always in the dark
                    Living in a powder keg and giving off sparks
                    I really need you tonight
                    Forever's gonna start tonight
                    (Forever's gonna start tonight)

Once upon a time I was
                    I was falling in love
                    But now I'm only falling apart
                    There's nothing I can do
                    A total eclipse of the heart

Once upon a time there was light in my life
                    But now there's only love in the dark
                    Nothing I can say

(Turn Around, bright eyes)
                    (Turn Around, bright eyes)
                    (Turn around)
                    "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      Good lord, I almost missed this:

Yeah, I better leave. There's literally no way for me to post in this forum without being critical of M in some regard. And that opens the door to "insulting." Hannibal spends vast number of posts telling us all how terrible various parts of M are. John U. Bacon wrote a book about how awful the M AD was under Brandon. Various posters call various parts of the team total shit during gameday. But, heaven forbid I "insult" any aspect of M, well, then big bad Liney will become involved!

I can't believe this you started this entire crusade over one post where I rightfully called your ideas about "The Game" moronic. Well, I mean I can. It's what you do. Then, when called to the mat, you nail yourself to cross. Rinse and repeat. Meanwhile, The Oracle basically says it's a pretty "shitty" idea and, of course, nothing. Like I said, don't you dare pretend you treat me the same. Even you aren't that big of a liar.

But, alas, you win.
                      The idea of not playing OSU is an EXTREMELY shitty idea. But this is the wrong thread for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Good lord, I almost missed this:

But, alas, you win.
                        Well ...

No, actually you won, sir.

There's a difference between being critical and insulting. You're a well educated man, so you know that. And you know the difference when you post.

Hannibal, and John Bacon, and Doc Hodgman, and other Michigan fans in here have the right to be critical if their team, because they've earned it. You just seem to relish being insulting. Then you bellyache about being picked on by me. Sad, really.

You called me "moronic" on Saturday in the Recruiting thread, and I initially ignored it for the pig vomit it was. Your comment was off topic (Liney is moronic is a recruiting topic?), and deserved to be deleted, because its intent was to call me out. Well, you got what you were looking for. And I will continue to treat posts like that in the same manner.

Leave or stay, I don't care. I'm not changing the way I moderate.

Just as an observation, I find it tremendously amusing that an ohio state fan spends so much time in a Michigan forum, complaining about how he's treated. I mean, you have GOT to be spending more time in here than in any ohio forum you frequent. Are the ohio forums really THAT bad? I mean, I know they're horrid, but are they really so bad that you must come here to find decent conversation? I'd feel pretty bad about Michigan fans if all our forums were so bad that I had to go to an ohio or MSU forum to find decent conversation. I mean, even with my "moronic" behavior, you continue to hang in here, and post more than most of the Michigan fans do. I just find that incredibly amusing, and ironic at the same time. You'd think that the defending national champions, with the huge winning streak, and the best college coach that ever lived, would have literally hundreds of great sites for like minded fans to come together to sing the praises of their great program. But alas, .. here you are.

As I said, stay or leave, but I'm going to moderate the way I do, no matter if you like it or not.

Now, hit me with some more profanity and other college graduate words so I can be impressed.

Comment

• I will not let you lie about the exchange. There were several posts about "The Game" and not playing it. I call that idea moronic, specifically mentioning you. So either all those posts were on topic or none of them were. The idea that only mine was off topic is an amazing lie. However, mine was the only one edited and deleted. I was not the only one who called the idea silly. Oracle called it shitty. Again, my post was the only one edited or deleted. The notion of "treating me the same" as everyone else is such an outright lie it's amazing.

You're just plain dishonest. And basically, that makes you a dick.

Like I said, you win tough guy.

Comment

• You just seem to relish being insulting.

At times, yes. But, linesman, you don't seem to have the ability to spot the difference between someone doing that and someone who is here just to talk football. In recent weeks you've been pretty rude to Froot, but he is a pretty cool customer here and has done a very good job avoiding bait. If I didn't know any better I'd think you were trying to bait him yourself.

Overall I think that talent is a pain in the ass sometimes and doesn't always live up to his high-road mandate, but I think in most fan forums an opposing-team poster like that is more than welcome, and everybody understands when tempers boil over from time to time.

Comment

• Speaking of relish....I was in Chicago for biz a couple weeks ago. Had a few "Chicago-Style Dogs" from a vendor on Michigan, loaded with onions, relish, ketchup, mustard, hot peppers, fresh tomatoes......damn they were good!
                              "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime2 View Post
                                Speaking of relish....I was in Chicago for biz a couple weeks ago. Had a few "Chicago-Style Dogs" from a vendor on Michigan, loaded with onions, relish, ketchup, mustard, hot peppers, fresh tomatoes......damn they were good!
                                I'm not a fan of the tomatoes but otherwise that's the only way to get em

Comment

Working...
                                X