Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I posted on the Lions Board Forum Administration that Deb's attention is requested.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• It's not a huge deal. I have a work around.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        For whatever reason, I am occaisionally getting this message when going to one of my subscriptions.

It goes away, but I have to manually go the thread as opposed to through my notifications.
        I don't have a solution, but am sharing another conversation on the same topic in case it helps:

Originally posted by CGVT
        Deb, every once in a while, I will go to notifications and click on the thread and get this message

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.
        Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin

It doesn't happen very often and I can go back to that forum and click on the thread, so it is really no big deal, but I was wondering why this might happen

edit: I *think* it may be because I've already read the post and the notification didn't clear?

Originally posted by -Deborah-
        I sometimes see similar messages when accessing account-specific items after some inactivity. So say you left your browser open at in your notifications but didn't move around for a half hour, then you clicked on a notification that was already displayed, it could cause that message.
        Originally posted by -Deborah-

Do you ever see it as you are actively moving around?

Yes, but I think I solved it. I think that sometimes when you are going to a thread and another post is made before you get to it or as you get to it, it shows as a new notification, but since you have already read the post, it confuses the system when you try to go back to it via the notification? I've noticed that when I get that message, then go to the thread, I have already read the post and the notification clears.
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Ahh, perhaps that's it. Thanks.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
            Deb????
            Hi, Jeff. Probably shouldn't expect a response from me that quickly on a weekend. If the matter is urgent, please send me a private message in case I login but don't get a chance to check discussions....

Thanks!
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Malta Marco forwarded it to you. If its routine like aa's was I just post them in the admin thread for when you get around to it. Thanks.
              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I cleaned up and "stuck" AA's Pick Contest. Limit your posts to your picks. Other comments pertaining to AA's Pick Contest Thread should be posted in the Hating on the SEC ..... thread.

JD, I'll be glad to clean up your thread after you post the overs and unders.
                Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; August 6, 2018, 01:44 PM.
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Thanks, Jeff.

Comment

• Where do we put the oversized pictures?

Comment

• I will tell you where to stick the oversized pictures. Trust me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                        I cleaned up and "stuck" AA's Pick Contest. Limit your posts to your picks. Other comments pertaining to AA's Pick Contest Thread should be posted in the Hating on the SEC ..... thread.

JD, I'll be glad to clean up your thread after you post the overs and unders.
                        Sounds good- you mean everything prior to when I post the actual contest?

Comment

• Yes.

Comment

• Nice!

Comment

• Not that this is at all important but if you want a chuckle, head on over to mgo and read Ron Utah's (one of the mgo mods) Diary on how to make good posts at mgo.

Those of us that stop buy at that web site - and for the most part I find most of it informative - know the unbearable crap posts that can clutter an otherwise good thread. Ron Utah is trying to eliminate these ...... not going to happen even though he made a decent effort.

Best comment on his post: People who don't need to be told don't need to be reminded how a good post is constructed, people that do don't pay any attention to published suggestions or rules.

All-in-all, we've got a good group. I'd love everyone that left in a huff a year or so ago and set up another forum to return/figure out a way to merge the two forums. I may reach out and see if there is any interest in that.

Comment

• You obviously haven't read AA's latest unhinged rant against Auburn fan-owned Arby's. Good group? I'd never be part of group that would have AA as a member.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X