This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a HUGE Michigan fan.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
      Private forum doesn't need to tell people why they can't join.
      I get your point. In this case, given how all this started, I think my request, not a stated requirement, is proper. After the kerfuffle that prompted former participants to leave this forum, we built some rules that specify that if a post is removed or a unanimous mod decision to ban a poster is undertaken, the reason has to be stated. That tends to limit frivolous banning...... which should not be a part, IMO, of any on-line forum. Taking action like that is akin to ignoring one of this country's principal underpinnings ..... free speech. But, I'll acknowledge, each to his own.
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Jeff - thanks for permission to post a link, but I don't think the owners would want me to do that. I can give PM's to M fans who send me a message. I just didn't want to do that here without your knowledge. Its a very small forum, and not real busy. During the off season we went weeks without posting anything.

And with that, I'll back out again. Thanks for the response.

Wiz: I love you man. ...you are the sunshine of my life ......
        Last edited by lineygoblue; October 22, 2018, 11:52 PM.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• To a certain extent, because I like every person over there, fuck them and their forum and linking to it. IMO it was a shitty thing to do for them to take their bat and ball and go home, rather than making an inherently reasonable compromise that would have kept a nicer and larger group together. And I don't mean just liney and his full-control-or-no-presence-at-all option.

Comment

• Yeah, as was suggested when this first came up, maybe things are best left as they are. There are probably some legitimate hard feelings over the break-up. Thanks, Liney for reaching out. I welcome your suggestion for posters here to PM you if they want to have a look at the other forum.
            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• We could also try to get more folks in here.

Comment

• Actually I was thinking of calling security and getting all of you morons kicked out of here...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                  Actually I was thinking of calling security and getting all of you morons kicked out of here...
                  You could hire Goontonio and his boys to clear us out with a storm trooper march.
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I'll look into it.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah-
                      Just a reminder for those interested, please use the Amazon link before adding items to your cart if you're taking advantage of their great Cyber Monday deals today! Thank you.
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Always!
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Always!
                          Thank you so much!!
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• The entire Detroit Lions Forum was down for about 18h yesterday - sometimes around 1am to 5pm. I sent Deb a PM yesterday afternoon inquiring about it. She thinks there was some server maintenance going on that was intended to end before 5am but didn't and extended into the entire day. Anyway, everything is working fine now. No long term effects anticipated.

Comment

• Nonetheless let's all ease back in slowly. Injuries can occur when you have rested a set of muscles for much longer than normal.

Comment

• That sounds like a nightmare maintenance, supposed to be done at 5 AM and last all day. That type of stuff will take years off your life if you are the one doing the maintenance.

Comment

Working...
                                X