No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer just seems to taste better after 11:00 am.

Then you're not drinking any beer I'm familiar with! It always tastes good to me.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanB View Post
        Then you're not drinking any beer I'm familiar with! It always tastes good to me.
        LOL- Best to optimize the flavor- don't drink it too early in the day, or when it's too cold- except for Corona, which sucks at any time or temperature. But that's not really beer, is it?

Comment

• Why pick on Corona when you have so many others truly worse but not readily masked by a lime?

Comment

• Such as?

Comment

• Schlitz ice?
              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Yeah- can't say I've tried that, and it hasn't been for lack of opportunity.

The thing that puts Corona on a different layer of suckage is that it's masterfully marketed as being something "cool" to chicks and losers who can't handle malt or hops but want the rest of us to think they like beer.

There's no pretense will all of those other crappy beers- they're cheap are just there to provide their drinkers with alcohol.

With all due respect to those who choose not to, if you are goign to be a drinker, at least be honest with what you're drinking.

I'll step of fmy soapbox now.

Comment

• Different beers for difference circumstances for me.
                  Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I like lamp
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• That's an excellent distinction made. Yes, in a sense Corona wants to play in an inappropriate league, and you could assign blame as a result. Fair enough. But it is still better than any of the dominant brands in the country.

Comment

• I've never understood the appeal of a beer that comes from a country that isn't exactly known for its high quality water standards. Although I suppose the stuff could be brewed in Minnesota for all I know.

Comment

• Corona is a useful profiling beer. Keep one in your cooler at a tailgate. If someone takes it, expel them post haste. Really, really, really hot chick exception applies as per usual. But even then, it is two strikes against.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• One beer, for all occasions:

Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• "Really, really, really hot chick exception applies"

Heh! When doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X