No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida State's schedule is garbage. They played 1 quality team and destroyed them. They have yet to look bad against anyone with the possible exception of the first half against BC.

Ohio State will likely play an as good or better SOS. They, however, have played more bad quarters of football and when they had a chance to really lay it on Wisky, they went ultra-conservative in the 4th (plus, Hyde was just coming back and he was dog tired in the 4th -- as opposed to yesterday).

The bottom line is that FSU wailed Clemson and OSU played 2 bad quarters against nFw and Iowa. And FSU really hasn't played many bad quarters. They've been great all year. I think that's the core of it. There's also a "timing" issue. For example, OSU played Wisky early. If they played Wisky next week, Wisky would have been 9-1 with asterisk loss and ranked in the top 15 or better. Wisky will finish in the top 15, possibly top 10, but OSU didn't get the marquee value of that ranking. In contrast, FSU played Maryland when they were 4-0 and received tons of brownie points for wiping out what we know is a bad team. Same deal with Miami.

There are plenty of explanations. OSU has missed lots of games from Braxton Miller, Carlos Hyde and Bradley Roby. Roby, in particular, hurt against Buffalo and then against Iowa from his horseshit ejection. And yesterday the LB injuries were tough. Very thin position. And Mewhort was in and out which may have explained why they didn't run the ball as well as they should have.

If FSU plays 3 games without Winston....eh, I wonder what happens.

But, that didn't happen. I've always said that OSU needs 2 of the 3 teams in front of them to lose (some, lol, insist that 1-loss team goes ahead of OSU--we know that's idiocy). One team has. FSU will not. So it's down to Alabama-Auburn and Alabama-SC/Mizzou. Alabama, incidentally, played like garbage last night, not that anyone cares about that.

So, Ohio State is playing for a trip to Pasadena either way and a chance to win 26 straight. I could contrast that with what M is playing for, but that comparison is unrelated it makes almost no sense.
    Last edited by iam416; November 17, 2013, 08:19 AM.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It sure is entertaining to watch DSL piss and moan, That’s why DSL must talk a good game because he knows deep down, they will not get a chance to actually play in one.

Ohio is not BCS title shot worthy, the voters have repeatedly spoken, get your head around that or not.

Meyer is hemmed-in, before he retires try scheduling highly ranked OOC opponents, like Michigan does, say defending national champ Alabama or national title finalist ND, it's lofty but worth a try.

Gene Gene the dancin' machine needs to get off his ass and get busy! It takes years to negotiate these matters.

BTW loved the way Illinois scored at will, your bowl should prove equally as reveling.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Sparty's defense is a fraud...tOSU will work them over but good in the CCG.

Comment

• Best of the BIG. Current edition...

1. Wisconsin
          2. osu
          3. MSU
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• heh heh heh

Comment

• Laugh all you like. Wisconsin is currently playing the best of any team in conference on both sides of the ball.

Comment

• So I take it in this forum's conventional wisdom we have turned the page from

"OSU hasn't played anybody. Wisconsin is overrated"

to

"Wisconsin is playing better than anybody right now and OSU is lucky they don't have to face them again"?

Comment

• Badgers defense would not have given up 30 to Illinois. They held Indiana to 3 points. They're playing the best football right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                    Best of the BIG. Current edition...

1. Wisconsin
                    2. osu
                    3. MSU
                    National Standings would logically look something like this:

1.) Alabama
                    2.) FSU
                    3.) Country Mile
                    4.) Baylor
                    5.) Oregon
                    6.) Auburn
                    7.) Clemson
                    8.) Missouri
                    9.) Ohio
                    Last edited by Optimus Prime; November 17, 2013, 03:56 PM.
                    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Badgers defense would not have given up 30 to Illinois
                      Fortunately, we don't have to speculate on whether Wisky would have given up 30 to Illinois as they played. So...

Laugh all you like
                      .....oh, I will.....LOL LOL LOL

Comment

• Ohio State's offense would drop 49 on Wisky right now. That was basically OSU's first game at full-strength (Miller, Hyde) and showed all the rust, especially with Hyde tiring in the 4th after OSU asswhipped Wisky for 3 quarters.

49. At least.

Comment

• LOL LOL LOL

If that's the rationale, then since Wisky beat Illinois 56-32, then Ohio State would score even more than 49!

Still LMMFAO at this:

Badgers defense would not have given up 30 to Illinois

Comment

• Jesus Christ Talent, you've lost your way. Try taking a nap with a puppy.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              LOL LOL LOL

If that's the rationale, then since Wisky beat Illinois 56-32, then Ohio State would score even more than 49!

Still LMMFAO at this:
                              Most of these guys don't pay attention to anything outside the Fort. Being informed is never a prereq to having an opinion, however.

Comment

• I love how you take one person's opinion and attribute it to "the forum". Pretty fuckin lazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X