No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megatron was showing the effects of multiple injuries, 3-4 years ago he was as good as any receiver in the league and playing like an all-time great. This season he was just a good receiver and chose to cash out while he still has his health.

Comment

• Rutgers ...... I'll mention that Chris Ash, formerly with urban/osu and now Rutgers HC, has potential. But it's unrealized. He may get some more wins but not over teams at the top of the B10 East. Not gonna happen.

There's way too much hype about being "driven" in that article. That doesn't mean shit and touting Rutgers 2017 class as Top 25 means, yeah, they might enter the 2019 pre-season rankings around 50 or so but, yeah, top tier talent, no, I absolutely know it's not playing for Rutgers.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• If Chris Ash ends up being a great coach, some other school will steal him.
        I just don't think people that live near Rutgers care that much.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Sounds like JoePa knew back in 1976
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• ..... fer God's sake another article confirming the obvious?
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/PancakeCatapult/status/752851543007735808[/ame]

the tweet: Greg Schiano and Tom Bradley show up in a Mike McQueary deposition and -- surprise! -- it's not good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                ..... fer God's sake another article confirming the obvious?

hey now.. the NCAA hasn't ruled on this so obviously, nothing is there..

Comment

• This past week 200 former players, led by Franco Harris, petitioned the school to have Paterno's statue placed back in front of Beaver Stadium. Paterno's family and these former players are a bunch of clowns making asses of themselves. I used to respect PSU but this Sandusky affair has really shown their true colors. I really hope they never get back to respectability.

Comment

• I feel the same, Mike. At the time Penn State was added to the Big Ten I thought it was a great addition, and having Joe Paterno as a Big Ten coach was an added bonus.

With the Sandusky judgement, I'm sorry for any respect I felt for Paterno or the school.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Why PSU is really back in the news... one perspective

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                        hey now.. the NCAA hasn't ruled on this so obviously, nothing is there..
                        Point....entropy.

Comment

• STFU
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Does anyone else think that the Big12 (now 10) is going to be the power conference gets blown up. It sure looks like it right now. Fox and ESPN are balking at expansion and without expansion I can't see the conference surviving. The problem is that there are not good options to expand out there.

Among the attractive universities out there I could see the following conferences wanting them

Texas (B1G/Pac 12)
                            Oklahoma (SEC)
                            Ok St. (SEC---coming along with OU)
                            Kansas (B1G---would need a partner though)
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• The Big XII will expand to 12 (or 14) if it makes $ for them. We'll see if FOX/ESPN will buy more of their inventory with their lousy expansion candidates; the expansion candidates are so mediocre I think they water things down with expansion. Unlike every other league there is no CCG bump for going to 12 teams, they somehow can have one only having 10 teams.

Everyone wants Texas and Oklahoma, the debate imo is where do those two want to go. Don't see the B1G having interest in Kansas unless they are partnered with a bigger fish.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                                The Big XII will expand to 12 (or 14) if it makes $ for them. We'll see if FOX/ESPN will buy more of their inventory with their lousy expansion candidates; the expansion candidates are so mediocre I think they water things down with expansion. Unlike every other league there is no CCG bump for going to 12 teams, they somehow can have one only having 10 teams.

Everyone wants Texas and Oklahoma, the debate imo is where do those two want to go. Don't see the B1G having interest in Kansas unless they are partnered with a bigger fish.
                                I agree Kansas only works if they are paired with a bigger fish (Notre Dame/Texas). A good addition to balance out the West but just not big enough to move the needle.
                                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Working...
                                X