No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...... agree with that take. I've got a lot of doubts about Wisconsin because of the OOC schedule.

I don't think Neb is good enough on defense, based on their performance to date, to really test the Badgers and it has already been noted the match-ups in the trenches are not good for Neb. OTH, they might be just good enough given an offense that seems to be pretty efficient.

I'm trying to guard against my bias that Wisconsin tends to schedule in a way that sets them up for a collapse once they face better competition. It happened with Alvarez and it has happened with Bilema. The difference in 2011 seems to be Wilson running the offense .... big chance in favor of reversing that perception due to the dynamic there.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I think there are a couple differences with Wisconsin this year. Before, their running game usually centered around one RB. Once you got him taken care of, they sort of floundered around a lot. With their current offense, they have a QB that can keep the ball, and he can also pass. And, he's a pretty good passer. Along with that, they have some fine receivers. IMO, they are more balanced offensively than I've seen before.

But still, I think Nebraska has the best chance of any team in our division to beat them.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Wow, Southern Utah. That is like when I found out that there was actually a Tennessee Tech.

Comment

• Here we are mid-season - almost - and the prime time ABC game tonight at 8pm is Nebraska at Wisconsin.

osu is unranked and Michigan - an after thought in the Big Ten - is trying to recover from a disastrous 5 year mistake.

My how times change.
          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Wisconsin's going to be missing two defensive starters tonight-- DE David Gilbert, who's probably been their best defensive lineman, is out with a broken foot, and S Shelton Johnson is out with a calf injury.

Comment

• That certainly hurts.

Comment

• Go Huskers!
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Illinois-Northwestern has been an entertaining game. Illini have stormed back from a 28-10 deficit to take the lead, 31-28.

Comment

• Persa has also been taken out of the game...possibly injured

Comment

• Wow...Illinois stuffs Northwestern on 4th down, then fumbles first play of the proceeding possession. Northwestern about to take back the lead with only a minute left

Comment

• Illini take the lead back with only 13 seconds to play. 38-35

Comment

• Illini pull it out by exploiting NW's secondary which is awful. They came back despite turning it over 3 times... Illini look a lil' tougher while the NW game looks a lil' easier...

Persa didn't look near as elusive and left the game due to injury.

Comment

• Persa' s injury doesn't look too bad. I am sure he will be in there against us. We will have our hands full.

Comment

• NW will have their hands full with Michigan.

Could be a scoring fest. Their defensive backfield is bad.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Not on offense, M should move the ball pretty easily against a weak defensive squad by the Wildcats. Defensively they'll be challenged by Persa who can pick apart a weak secondary.

Comment

Working...
                                X