No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to reassure everyone that I will, once again, pick all B10 games ATS this season. As I was 50-34-2 last season, I would recommend that all forum members use all available liquidity to fade my picks this season. And, yes, The Wizard, that mean hawking your Costco jars of corn nuts for actual legal tender.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Phew! I can sleep at night now.
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Or you can bet your 401K on Indiana to cover vs the Buckeyes.

Comment

• Flying Urbans 48 Lowly Ex-Wilson's 13
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Buffalo (+24) at Minnesota. No fucking clue on this one. I don’t particularly like QB rotations. I especially don’t like them when the QBs rotating are shit. I also tend to fade “big name” hires in their first game. There are growing pains. And the Goofer rarely beats anyone by more than 24. This one opened at 28 and has dropped a bunch. I’m in agreement. I’ll take the points and fade the Goofer’s Version of HARBAUGH!!!!

Ohio State (-21) at Indiana. The pagan Delaney has sacrificed all mores and decency and not only scheduled conference teams on a Thursday but done so in a season-opening conference game. Heresy! But, that’s like just your opinion, man. I will get to enjoy Saturday completely unfettered and, hopefully, without the stain of a loss to IU. Let’s get to that. I don’t need to break this down too much as we all know the Hoosiers aren’t the same old Hoosiers. I think OSU will struggle to move the ball consistently, but I do think OSU’s DL will make it difficult for Indiana to do much of anything. This honestly reads like last year’s game. IU had two decent drives and was stymied the rest of the game. OSU couldn’t pass the ball at all and had to rely on JTB runs. Last year OSU won by 21 at home. I think it will be closer on the road, so I’m taking the Hoosiers to cover the number in an annoyingly difficult game.

Washington (-27’) at Rutgers. This one opened at 30’ and has dropped under 4 touchdowns. Why? To remind all of the sheer awfulness of Rutgers, last season they lost to OSU, M, MSU and PSU by a combined score of 224 to ZERO. They also lost to Washington 48-13. I’m not sure why this line is moving – maybe Harvey rain? – but fuck that noise. Washington to cover easy.

Utah State (+27’) at Wisconsin. This is another big moving line – down from 31’. So this strikes me as the type of game that the Badgers really take by the throat and dominate. The Aggies are usually a somewhat respectable team, but this year should be a down year. The thing with the Badgers is they run the ball, so if you can’t do much with that then there is no calling off the dogs. Badgers by about 40.

Maryland (+18’) at Texas. This is a “big name” coach’s first game. Texas has gone 16-21 the last three seasons including being swept by Cal. Yes, Cal. They lost to KANSAS last year. Maryland, meanwhile, showed a little fight last year. Sure, the back-to-back against M and OSU didn’t go well (121-6), but at least they scored! I think they should be at least as good as they were last year. I like Herman and think he’ll do well in Austin, but this one will be a tight spot. I’ll take the Turtle to cover the number without an outside shot at an upset.

Wyoming (+11’) at Iowa. I like Wyoming this year. I never like Iowa any year. The Hawkeyes couldn’t beat the FCS program Craig Bohl built. Now they have to play the FBS program he is building. Iowa should run all over them, but I think the Cowboys will score lots of points. I’ll take Wyoming to backdoor the number and cover.

Akron (+30’) at Penn State. No clue. Akron is just awful. Ordinarily this one reads like a 34-6 game, but I think Penn State has enough big-play capability on offense to get into the high 40s. That should be enough to cover. Penn State, but without an ounce of conviction.

Bowling Green (+17’) at Michigan State. God, will the long line of buttshit non-conference games end? Brian Lewerke. Do I trust that jackass enough to think Sparty gets 30? Woof. I think Sparty is slightly undervalued heading into to the season and based on that irrational thought, I’ll back Sparty to win by 21 and cover.

Michigan (-5) vs. Florida. HARBAUGH!!!!! I think this one is remarkably straight-forward. Florida can’t score and decent defenses let alone the greatest defensive mind of the scholarship limit era. Then you have HARBAUGH!!!! and his offensive scheme that will neutralize Croc defensive talent enough to score at least 27. So, 27-10 seems like an easy cover to me if the math is right.

Nevada (+23’) at nFw. Nevada lost to Purdue last season by 10. PURUDE. And I think Nevada will be wo[B]rse this season. But, I hate giving more than 3 TDs with any Fitzgerald/Evanston High team. nFw should be fairly decent and, more importantly, they should have an offense that is slightly better than putrid. But their hallmark is uglying up early season games into unwatchable shitfests. Boy, I’ll flip a coin and go with the unwatchable shitfest and hope 23’ is enough for an awful Nevada team.

Arkansas State (+14’) at Nebraska. I dunno. I mean, I get that people like Arky State a bit this year. But, jeez, they were waylaid by TOLEDO and Auburn last year. The Sun Belt is just not good. Meanwhile, rumor has it that UNL may field an offensive line with Division 1 size and talent – Division 1 Ohio HS Football. But, still, that’s an upgrade. I’ll take the Corn People to win really easy in this one.

Louisville (-24’) at Purdue. I plan on sticking with Good Boiler/Bad Boiler plan this season. It’s just that I have to pick one to start. My guess is they haven’t mowed any lawn or field in West Lafayette since June. Unfortunately, that won’t quite be enough o slow down Lamar Jackson. Hard to see Louisville scoring less than 45, so I’ll go Bad Boiler and back the Cards.

Comment

• well done sir

Comment

• FWIW, feel even better about your Louisville pick, because that game's in Indy at Lucas Oil

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  FWIW, feel even better about your Louisville pick, because that game's in Indy at Lucas Oil

who needs facts and details..
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• FAKE NEWS!!!

(but, correct...triple down on Boiler fade)

Comment

• Good stuff, Talknet.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Comment

• Mike Debord's Indiana pass offense is off to a good start.... continuing Debord's hot offense dating back to his last several games at Tenn.
                          Too bad Nick Westbrook, IU's starting WR, injured himself on the opening kickoff.

I've been watching some of the Buff vs Minn game too... looks like Minn is using two QBs to start the season.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• OSUs wrs aren't much of a threat like the last few years, but their DL is scary af.

Comment

• Pass inference no call before the int

Comment

• I think a 2-0 start to the season is in the bank.

Comment

Working...
                                X