No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locksley is a local guy for Maryland. They really need someone that can do some reputation rebuilding after the stain Durkin left on Maryland.
    3-31 career record as a head coach. Hopefully the Bama experience helps Locksley toughen up a bottom B10 East team.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Maybe Locksley just needs to be in an area he can recruit well(and nobody's recruited the DC area better), but he was an utter disaster as the head coach at New Mexico. He got suspended for punching an assistant coach, got sued for age and sex discrimination by a former staffer, and got into a public spat with the student newspaper, among other embarrassing incidents, all while going 2-26. I'd imagine he's learned a lot since then, and this is the job that figures to best suit him, but given what Maryland's been through with its football coaches in the last year, I'm kind of surprised they made this hire.

Comment

• Yeah, so am I. It's a bummer for OSU because they are in a 3 top 100 kids from DC that they had locked up but now probably need LJS to get, especially if Locksley is gonna at College Park.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• who asked ya?
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Miami, Florida (-3) vs. WisconsinFlorida (+7) vs. MichiganMichigan State (+3) vs. OregonIowa (+7) vs. Mississippi StateHouston vs. Army (-5)

Comment

• Like I've said elsewhere, Harbaugh isn't going to change jack shit on offense. He's got a well established MO of working to impose his game on opponents whether it's working or not. It seems to me, Mullen like day isn't constrained with that sort of stubborn mentality. If I'm Mullen, I attack M's D just like osu did. UF won't score 60+ but I bet they put up 40. Harbaugh has proven he can't win a shoot-out despite the fact he's got the players to do that.

Brown will show improvements on defense but it's not like he's going to deploy the standard aggressive approach he's featured at M with the weak interior DL he has to deal with, the loss of Devin Bush and, as you say, Brandon Watson playing at S. I could be wrong and if he does try to pull off his standard shit, he'll get burned but former ND failure, Malik Zaire, won't be able to deliver the results Haskins did but still ...... Brown's going to have to be more conservative by virtue of the player weaknesses he has to deal with so, M's D will look like Iowa's, decent but in no way dominant.
              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; December 21, 2018, 10:20 AM.
              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• If they're going to try to win by pounding Tru and Evans then I've overestimated HARBAUGH!!!! as a coach. I can't see it. Just can't.

Comment

• Well, I didn't see the fucking tsunami coming M's way a couple of weeks ago in c-bus either. Harbaugh is who he is. While his team was being carried away by massive flood waters, instead of thinking up some way to survive, he just stubbornly clung to his tree until those flood waters consumed him ...... and, BTW, he had plenty of warning and plenty of time to prepare for that tsunami and didn't.
                  There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• FROSTY!!!!!!!!

56 > 10

Comment

• Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Looks like I undershot how badly Army would win.

Comment

• 63-7 Fantastic! and 10 minutes to go

Army goes 11-2

Comment

• Not really close on my prediction of the Goofer-Wreck game, but fortunately I picked the cover correctly. Should have really relied on the Genius of Fleck having multiple weeks to prepare for a Nixon-era offense.

Comment

• You mean Harbaugh can win the Peach Bowl v. UF with his Nixonian era offense?

Comment

Working...
                                X