Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welfare queens!!

Comment

• Purdue promoted from within to hire their next offensive coordinator.
      Terry Malone. Apparently he was OC at Michigan from 1997-2005. Malone's end at Michigan was just when I started watching sports... I don't remember much about him.

My point: Given Purdue's budget, it's probably an acceptable hire. He was TE coach for Purdue last season and makes me ask: What TE did Purdue have? (The answer is nobody good).
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I think Malone followed Stan Parrish.

Malone brought a few new wrinkles, but the trademark of Michigan football at the time was RB's who went down with arm tackles, and QB's who stood motionless in the pocket until they got clobbered. Malone carried that tradition forward.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• yeah Brady and Henson were absolutely terrible as immobile QBs getting the shit kicked out of them by opposing linemen

Comment

• Brian Griese, Tom Brady, Drew Henson, John Navarre, and Chad Henne were the QBs from 1997-2005.
            Not bad.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The new tradition that Terry Malone established was the QBs getting the ball batted down at the line of scrimmage.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                I think Malone followed Stan Parrish.

Malone brought a few new wrinkles, but the trademark of Michigan football at the time was RB's who went down with arm tackles, and QB's who stood motionless in the pocket until they got clobbered. Malone carried that tradition forward.
                Didn't they win 5 big ten titles in that era?

Comment

• I remember Carr/Malone/F'ing Tom Hermann teams being pretty good in that time period of 97-2005 ..... aside from that one predictable ass-railing by some huge underdog.

If I remember correctly, Terry Malone got hired by the Saints as their TEs coach when Carr retired and had a respectable NFL career.

Malone is an entirely Pro-Style offense guy. Purdue's O should be interesting with Malone as their OC.
                  There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• yeah Brady and Henson were absolutely terrible as immobile QBs getting the shit kicked out of them by opposing linemen
                    Brady was the exception, and was the best Michigan QB since the days of Rick Leach. Henson thought he was a baseball player.

The new tradition that Terry Malone established was the QBs getting the ball batted down at the line of scrimmage.
                    Exactly. And they all wore big bullseyes on their jerseys, refusing to move around in the pocket looking for passing lanes.

Didn't they win 5 big ten titles in that era?
                    And.. as well noted by people of your ilk, .. no national titles.

I remember Carr/Malone/F'ing Tom Hermann teams being pretty good in that time period of 97-2005 ..... aside from that one predictable ass-railing by some huge underdog.
                    Yes, there were some very good teams, .. that under-achieved and played inconsistently. They'd have games where you'd think that they were headed to a NC, then they'd play a Coppin State or William and Mary ... and look like they never played football before. And, as ohio folks will remind us, ... since 2000, Michigan has done zip against them.

I'd almost forgot about Jim Hermann. The only way Carr could get rid of him was to ask the NY Jets to offer him a job ...

I agree Malone was a step up from Stan Parrish. But, Lloyd was still the HC, and had lost his passion for coaching ever since some guy wearing a vest got the job in ohio.
                    Last edited by lineygoblue; December 24, 2015, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• Henson just took the guaranteed money to play baseball from a Buckeye fan (Steinbrenner) instead of attempting to play in the NFL. Hopefully Henson was wise with his signing bonus from the Yankees.

Comment

• Don't forget the bomb-sniffing dogs in 2004. Lloyd totally wins that game if that hadn't happened

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          Don't forget the bomb-sniffing dogs in 2004. Lloyd totally wins that game if that hadn't happened
                          I don't know DSL, the 5-year ban/sentence that Tressel received essentially ended his nefarious activities in disgrace. I imagine it's no fun being busted, just ask AA.

Oh, is that Sandusky? Criminals, they all look the same to me.

Last edited by Prime2; December 24, 2015, 12:48 PM.
                          "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• I forgot to list Matt Gutierrez.
                            Damn, so many backup NFL QBs.... And Tom Brady + Griese
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I always thought Matt Gutierrez got a raw deal at Michigan with Lloyd Carr.

Carr was a guy who "stuck with the starter" no matter what. Even when Henne struggled, he would NOT put Gutierrez in the game. In his final season Henne's arm was nearly falling off, and Carr still played him. Gutz was gone by then, but Carr stuck with his starter(s) to a fault.

Comment

• How do you do an eye roll on here?That deserves one.

Comment

Working...
                                X