No announcement yet.

Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not want WVU. Isn't there some sort of rule that their academics have to qualify? I doubt if they do.

Pitt? Ok. Gives Penn State an in-state rivalry game that counts in the conference.

I read before that Mizzou was being discussed, but nothing ever came of it. They are a meh as far as I'm concerned.

I think Rutgers and Maryland are in to stay. As mentioned above their market is too important to lose.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Comment

• Get Kansas for hoops...and OU for football. Rest of B12 can rot in hell.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Well if Texas wanted to come and be an equal partner.....
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Consolidation of conferences has largely destroyed the charm of having conferences to begin with. Conference alignment has destroyed multiple rivalries and good new ones will likely never be created. All sports have benefitted from hyperinflation for quite a while, and this has given everyone the illusion that conference realignment has been a huge money maker.

Comment

• 4 super conferences of 16 teams eventually--leaving the kstates of the world outside looking in

Comment

• Somewhat surprising. Maybe Penix will rise to the occasion.

Big year for Indiana. Could be a team anywhere from 5th to 6th best in the East.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Fucking IU.

If I have this right (if not, talent will unquestionably correct me so, why look it up myself) IU has taken M to the brink in the last three games including one played in the Big House. Sure, M won them all but that IU offense coached by crazy Kevin Wilson was scary. Tom Allen? Not so scary.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I remember when Peyton Ramsey was better than Dwayne Haskins. Pennix must be a superstar!

Buchanan:

hi
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The rise of the Pennix? No.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                        Fucking IU.

If I have this right (if not, talent will unquestionably correct me so, why look it up myself) IU has taken M to the brink in the last three games including one played in the Big House. Sure, M won them all but that IU offense coached by crazy Kevin Wilson was scary. Tom Allen? Not so scary.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Well, thanks for reminding me of that 2015 shit fest. I can remember watching that one and going this can't be happening!!!! But then again, I said the same thing watching the 2018 M v osu debacle.

Shit happens...... to Don Brown.

This was Brown's first year with Harbaugh after he had taken a step down to just coach the DL. Brown has a penchant to be hot and cold against spready offenses that can dial up some innovation against his aggressive man-coverages. He seemed to handle Maryland in 2018 pretty well then got torched by osu (with Kevin Wilson on that offense staff).

urban has recently opined in his role as a Fox Sports analyst that Brown has to adapt suggesting maybe a little more zone. Not Brown's style. He may adapt if the DL turns out to be as weak as it was v. Haskins and Phillipe Franks of UF fame but reports out of camp, contrary to most everyone's concerns about the DL, are saying that the DL is solid with new/young guys performing above expectations.

We'll see. Brown's style absolutely depends on creating havoc in the back field and pressuring the QB. If that is mitigated by great OL play, a twitchy QB who can escape and get the ball out or offensive play calling like ufm/day and Mullen v UF dialed up against him, he can get pantsed.

Comment

• Wisconsin (-11) at South Florida.Tulsa (+23) at Michigan StatePurdue (-11) at NevadaSouth Alabama (+36) at NebraskaAkron (+18) at Illinoisnd half duty.

Miami, Ohio (+22) at IowaSpecials

Mississippi (+5) at MemphisGeorgia (-22) at Vanderbilt.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• You'd take Michigan and give 48.5 eh?

Our offense would be great if we get good coaching. Everyone is singing the praises of Josh Gattis right now and making him out to be Kevin Wilson 2.0.

We'll see.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; August 29, 2019, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X