Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turns out, he was just an average coach, who probably should have stayed at WVU.

Michigan isn't the only B1G team that has made bad choices in coaches lately.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
      I agree completely with your post. I think however that Carr left more on the table than people give him credit for. The talent just didn't fit RR's makeover
      I'm not sure Sherridan and the other wobbly-throwing guy would even qualify in the MAC as "talent".

Comment

• You mean Ryan Mallett?

Comment

• Mallett actually turned out to be a fair QB.

The other wobbly throwing guy was Steve Threet.

But, you knew that.

Comment

• Rodriguez had him but he somewhat pushed him away, so he did have talent.

Comment

• Mallett wasn't going to ever work in a RR and left before RR could say hello.

Comment

• Didn't Lloyd sign Mallet's transfer papers?

Comment

• Carr advised him to but he was gone regardless; Mallett needed a pro-style offense and it wasn't going to work at M under RR.

Comment

• Mallett had one foot out the door for nearly his entire freshman year.

Carr was so frustrated with Mallett's attitude that after one practice he called him into his office, and handed him transfer papers and told him to fill them out. Mallett decided to stay and finish out the year.

Once RRod arrived Mallett had all the excuse he needed to make the move.

Rodriguez didn't "push him away".

Comment

• If you are so wed to an attack that makes the best QB you inherited transfer then it is not the previous coaches fault for the lack of talent at that position. Was Lloyd Carr supposed have had a spread option QB in reserve in case he left and they hired Rodriguez?

Comment

• This again? Fuck, we're so close. This is a March discussion.

Comment

• You're correct Oracle, I'll withdraw from any further discussion on that.

Comment

• Carr had a spread option QB in reserve by the name of Antonio Bass. He happened to be very good.

He went out one evening to play a pickup game of basketball with some friends, and messed up his knee so bad, he never played another down of organized football.

Comment

• It's GAME WEEK!

Comment

• Yes sir!!

Anyone want to guess when we'll learn who the starting QB is?

I say it will be announced on Friday evening, along about 6:00 pm...

Comment

Working...
                                X