Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We haven't had a running back or much of a game since Carr retired. RR ignored that facet of the game as well. Hope Toussaint can carry the load over the last 4 games, DR must be healthy for OSU!
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I don't get yous guys sometimes. UM averaged 238 yards per game rushing last year. RichRod had enough failings to justify your feelings about him. There is no need to make stuff up.
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• We still need a power back. Hopkins's inability to hang onto the football has probably cost us a 4th and short the past two weeks. Watching Boom Herron at OSU has reminded me how much we need a stud tailback. We need Brionte Dunn badly. I like Toussaint okay, but he probably doesn't get to the outside on some of those runs against a decent "D".

Comment

• Most of the rushing yards under RR were from Denard. Michigan's inability to find running backs to take the load off of Denard is why he got so beat up.

Comment

• UM averaged 238 yards per game rushing last year.

Problem was that DR had 3/4 of those totals. Was really nice to see the running game on Saturday and I thought DR was pretty decent throwing as well. Taken from saturday's presser:

Denard, do you feel half the defense going with you on the jet sweep fakes? Denard: “Coach Fred -- Freddy J -- he told us one good fake equals two blocks. I just run full speed and hope somebody runs with me.”

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
              I don't get yous guys sometimes. UM averaged 238 yards per game rushing last year. RichRod had enough failings to justify your feelings about him. There is no need to make stuff up.
              This may not be what was intended, but it certainly doesn't feel to me like UM ``has a rushing game''. Racking up rushing yards is only one way to define it. Other ways to do so are to see what's called in short-yardage situations on 3rd or 4th down, or to picture the team's ability to salt away a lead with a nice 6-minute drive in the latter part of the fourth quarter. Of course these are intangibles, but in neither case do I think this team behaves like a team with ``a good rushing game''. It doesn't believe in its ability to knock the other team off the ball on 4th-and-1. It doesn't control the game on the ground very well and instead is a big-play/explosive team.

Truth somewhere between extremes is my own opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                We haven't had a running back or much of a game since Carr retired. RR ignored that facet of the game as well. Hope Toussaint can carry the load over the last 4 games, DR must be healthy for OSU!
                I don't think RichRod ignored it. He just never had the feature back that Michigan fans want to see.

Comment

• I think part of the reason why Fitz hasn't been designated the lead back is his blocking is spotty. He isn't the only one, but it makes it tough to be an everydown back when the other team knows that when he comes in it is clearly a running back play.

Comment

• I believe you are right Paul.

Comment

• Certainly that's a reason why Smith is liked...

Comment

• ...... I'd add that Borges favors a different approach to the offense than one that employs a featured back who is going to carry the ball 25 times a game.

I'd also like to think that, as it has been reported he did, Fred Jackson did talk with him about changing that approach, convinced him to do so and he did. Worked out well. Fred Jackson knows a thing or two about RBs in Michigan's offense.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Fred Jackson knows a thing or two about RBs in Michigan's offense.

That's why he has lasted through a few regimes.

Comment

• Actually Hoke has said that he prefers having one back do the heavy lifting. He said he doesn't like RB rotations.

Comment

• Yeah, both Hoke and Borges have consistently said all year that they're looking for one back to stand out as they prefer having a featured back instead of a running back by committee approach.

Comment

• Good to see Fitz establish himself. Hopefully he can keep up the yards when we face a bit more stout defenses these next couple games. Hard to tell how much of that was good play, good execution by Fitz and how much was a poor Purdue defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X