Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, the corollary then - bad QB play can ruin that foundation - is accurate. You'll recognize where this line of logic is going.
    Oh, I get it. Only I don't excuse bad QB play 3 years into a coach's tenure and assume it's all going to be sugar plums and candy canes in year 4. Instead, e.g., I am amongst the many OSU fans who aren't entirely satisfied with JTB and aren't just assuming that Haskins will step in and be any better. There's a real concern there.
    Anyway, good conversation. We've not talked about defense. I think there is parity there among the top 4 teams in the East
    M and OSU have the two best defenses in the league and it's a noticeable gap. I will say that Hurst was a badass and his loss is real. There's no way they replace him.

PSU's defense is way, way better than it used to be -- and way, way better from the 49-10 debacle. They're getting there. Sparty is just Sparty. It's never really going to be easy going against them.

I actually like PSU and Sparty on the offensive side of the ball a lot going into 2018. Probably more than I like OSU and certainly more than I like M.

Finally -- yes -- always fun to discuss. I'd probably rather do this on the B10 thread -- I don't want to piss off WM, but I don't think I'm being terribly unfair -- certainly that's not my aim. Heh, you know when I'm aiming for that.

Happy New Year. Don't shit the bed tomorrow!
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If I'm reading your last couple of sentences correctly, JB, you're hoping that Frost-led Nebraska rises up to challenge Wisky.

Me? I say F Scott Frost! It's only been 20 years since he shamelessly but successfully lobbied for his coach to get gifted a MNC on his way to the rocking chair.

Frost's biggest immediate challenge at UNL will be to repair a gawdawful defense that couldn't stop anyone the last few seasons. And to do it while trying to recruit players from far warmer climes away to frigid barren friggin Lincoln.

I don't forgive and forget this quickly. Again, F*** Scott Frost!

Comment

• I've actually seen a few prognosticators that have Sparty as next seasons team to beat in The big ten. I don't agree, as OSU will and should be #1 but interesting nonetheless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob F View Post
          I don't forgive and forget this quickly. Again, F*** Scott Frost!
          THANK YOU. Exactly.

Comment

• Amen!

Comment

• exactly

Comment

• Frost may be a dick, but he's up 7 points on Auburn with 6 minutes to go. Nebraska -
                another team that will soon be better than Michigan.
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yep. He'll be beating Harbaugh's ass in no time.

Comment

• Here's what us older fans have left to talk about:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vQpW9XRiyM"]Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• I wonder what Otis Reese is waiting for...

Probably just wants a Michigan hat on the table when he "fakes" everyone else and chooses UGA.

Comment

• I'm a bit worried about the impact on the offensive side of the ball about the impact on recruiting of all these coaching change rumors. In particular, Petit-Frere. Will he follow Drevno to FSU?

Without an OL Idon't care what kind of offense JH runs or who he hires to replace the three top candidates to be let go. A new offense won't succeed without talent and/or well coached 3/4*s on the OL - something that, it appears, has been horrible.

Even though Partridge may leave, the D recruits appear to be solid. Fingers crossed there.
                          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• NPF would be a huge recruiting loss, no doubt about it. That's the price you pay, perhaps. But the cupboard isn't completely bare. Filiaga should be a good prospect. People like Steuber. It'll be interesting to see what goes on with JBB.

Comment

• Who played center in the Outback?

Comment

• "Yep. He'll be beating Harbaugh's ass in no time."

Yeah, well so far Harbaugh's kicked his ass at UCF

Comment

Working...
                                X