This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
    yes it is, FWIW some chatter the 'Lloyds' are back again. and are calling JH Harblow -
    Where? Within the program?

Comment

• This was posted over at mgoblog - talk about sobering

We've been iowa since 2001

Identify these two programs for me, based on records from 2001 to present.

Program A: 139-78 overall, 83-55 big ten, 2 conference titles, 7-8 bowl record

Program B: 138-77 overall, 86-52 big ten, 2 conference titles, 4-10 bowl record

Comment

• Where? Within the program?
        No not within program. I heard this from a former player though, who played for Bo in 78

Comment

• Barrett is Blue! What a huge get! You don't just waltz into Peach Country and steal coveted recruits from Paul Johnson.

Comment

• Heh. Barrett solidifies M at 14th in 247 Composite! (For now -- Florida almost certain to pass them and maybe Florida State). Still, unfortunately, M is closer to the last B10 team (nFw) than they are to the first B10 team.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
              yes it is, FWIW some chatter the 'Lloyds' are back again. and are calling JH Harblow -

zzzzzzzzzz
              Lloyd blows, he's the one that left the cupboard bare to begin with.
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• And had no heir apparent lined up and ready to go.

Comment

• When it comes to the destruction of Michigan football, there is a ton of blame to go around and just about everyone who has touched the program since the Carr era shares some.

Comment

• While things (meh recruiting class, 8-5 season) are disappointing right now, M SHOULD bounce back when it comes to wins in 2018 and hopefully that will help form a top 10 2019 class.
                    Then again, what if Peters doesn’t get much better and Patterson is a bust. 8-4 all over.
                    2018 is the year.

Like M in basketball a year ago, John Beilein was getting crap. Look at that program now.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• M should manage a top 10 class for 2019 based simply on the core kids they have right now. If the 2018 class had 3 top end kids then it would inch into the top 10.

Comment

• The core kids that you speak of will mostly be gone by the time 2019 signing day rolls around. Recruiting has completely imploded (as I predicted it would) and that will continue as the players identify better opportunities elsewhere.

Comment

• I'd bet a lot of money that both Hinton and Rumler aren't going anywhere. And I'd also bet a lot on Herron sticking.

I can't really comment on Thomas.

Now, getting housed in-state on some pretty good players isn't a good look, but I still think they'll add more than enough to finish in the 8-10 range.

Comment

• I wouldn't say recruiting has imploded during JH's tenure but I think what you're seeing is the impact of (1) An 8-5 season and some really shitty losses in 2017, (2) Asst. coaching staff turmoil and to a lesser degree (3) Natural obstacles.

I'll also add (4) and that is Jim Harbaugh is not anywhere near as good as a recruiter as we expected him to be or that he probably thinks he is.

talent knew this or knows it by now. So, fuck him.
                            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              Barrett is Blue! What a huge get! You don't just waltz into Peach Country and steal coveted recruits from Paul Johnson.
                              Frost and Dantonio both offered him, so maybe he is underrated by the services. Apparently, Partridge worked hard on his recruitment and Barrett is friendly with Otis Reese as well.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• While things (meh recruiting class, 8-5 season) are disappointing right now, M SHOULD bounce back when it comes to wins in 2018 and hopefully that will help form a top 10 2019 class.
                                UM is not going to bounce back if they keep lining up toughest-in-the-nation schedules every year. What Alabama proved this year, and what Washington proved the year before, is that SOS has zero to do with getting into the college playoffs. I'd favor a rule that if the SOS of a team is not in the top 40-50, that the team was disqualified from the playoffs. Then teams will have an incentive to toughen up their schedules.

Comment

Working...
                                X