Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently Hoke has a policy that if you're committed, you're committed. He doesn't consider you committed if you take visits. Brown took an official visit to Oregon, so Michigan is looking to fill his spot with someone who wants to commit.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
      Apparently Hoke has a policy that if you're committed, you're committed. He doesn't consider you committed if you take visits. Brown took an official visit to Oregon, so Michigan is looking to fill his spot with someone who wants to commit.
      As I read, he did it without telling anyone about it.

I'm happy about the way the staff is handling this. If you are committed, you are committed. If you want to look around, do it. Saying you are committed doesn't mean we will hold your spot unless something better to you comes along.

Comment

• That's true. He went on the visit without letting the coaching staff know, and it caught them by surprise. Hoke's policy is (and it makes sense to me) is that you are not truly committed if you are still taking visits. Apparently, he tells recruits that he doesn't want their commitment unless they are done taking visits. If they still want to take visits, he doesn't accept a commitment, be it a "soft" commitment, or a "hard" commitment.

I think its a good policy. It may cost us a good player now and then, but those schollys should go to people who are ready to commit fully, and not someone who is going to tap dance around, and play the system.

Comment

• Agreed. Hard to deny a kid the chance to go visit a place and have a fun weekend even if his interest isn't sincere or he's going with a buddy, but in the end it's better for the program I bet. Didn't Terry Richardson take visits though? Or was he just talking about it and then denied it?

Comment

• TRich was going to go and get wined and dined when Hoke told him the policy. He decided against visiting
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I assume that's the backstory? Makes sense from what was out there -- the tweet, etc.

Comment

• I think that the "if you take visits, you're not committed" approach is a good one, but I'm not so sure that telling the kid "GTFO and don't come back" is the right thing to do here.

Comment

• No one told the kid that. He is still a recruit. But it would be hard to trust his commitment at this point.

Comment

• What I read is that Brown and Michigan have "parted ways", which means that the coaches booted him for good.

Comment

• Sam addressed it this am. They've told brown they no longer consider him committed, meaning his spot is no longer saved. He still holds an offer though and is still communicating with the coach.

Comment

• Per Ace on mgoblog. Rivals100 4* TE Taylor Mcnamara might be visiting Michigan.

Comment

• That may have rekindled due to Brown's visit to Oregon.

Comment

• He's a soft verbal to Arizona, and we all know that Rich Rod doesn't use TEs much.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Sam Webb recruiting article:
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• If anyone wants to puke you should read Billy price's twitter feed from his official visit. remember it was an official visit to MICHIGAN.

Comment

Working...
                                X