Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talent got me looking up Vrabel and I had no idea he was head coach of the Titans now. That's a fast rise!

Comment

• with so little ability to sell PT after back to back very large and excellent recruiting classes.
      I agree with everything in WM's post except this. PT can matter to some recruits, but by and large it's not much of an issue. Georgia, e.g., just signed a preposterous class to follow up a very good #3 class. And their 2019 class will be preposterous, too.

Further, the lack of PT may be an issue for some positions -- like, say, WR. It does not apply to OL where any top shelf recruit ought to think he can play like yesterday.

They just had a bad cycle.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• .....if you're talking about M having a bad cycle on OL recruiting that is a huge understatement. It is a massive fail that goes back to Hoke and has continued with Harbaugh.

I simply don't get this. It is the core of the offense and I don't care which type you're talking about. It is critical in the type of offense JH wants to run so, WTF.

The astonishing part is that Tim Drevno is still on the staff after three years of ineffectiveness in developing what has been OK talent. That, or Harbaugh's blocking requirements in his offense make it very difficult for players to learn it and do well - that can be frustrating for the players. Maybe that's what the talk about Drevno apologizing to his OL was all about.

I will say that it is possible JH/Drevno recognize their collective approach to the OL, while it might have worked in the NFL, isn't working in college. His comments in yesterday's post signing day presser might be revealing. He said we don't have any set coaching positions on offense yet; we're trying to figure out how to get the offense to the same level of the defense and put the right people in a position to make that happen.

Last night word came out that Cam Cameron was interviewing for the 10th Asst. Coaching position. I've lost count and have a tough time assigning names to the staff right now. Addition of grad assistants and analysts has been confusing.

Cam Cameron has been around. He was at M in the late 80s, has a ton of NFL coaching experience (last with the Ravens so, there is that John Harbaugh connection) and his last gig was with LSU and Miles. He was fired along with Miles - or at least the Ogre didn't keep him. To me, the interesting part of Cameron's bio is that when he was HC at IU, his QB was Antwan Randall-El. IU's D sucked so while his offense scored a lot of points, they still didn't win many games.

The guy can coach offense though at both the NFL and college level so, if he ends up on M's staff as something more than a fucking analyst, that would be a plus. I'd take him as an OC and QB coach over Warinner. Maybe Drevno gets booted down from C0-OC to million dollar water boy or something like that. If they continue to fuck around with this brain trust to cobble together an offense and call plays though, there is no hope. It hasn't worked. Proof's in the pudding. In the hopium vein, maybe Harbaugh has figured out it doesn't and when the musical chairs stop, M's offensive coaching staff will be pleasing to the eye...... one OC please.

Edit: just read the several posts about Cameron in another thread. My take is that the doubt about his coaching ability expressed there is a bit harsh. I agree, Miles and Cameron were a bad combo and the analogy about bringing back a Switzer protege has merit. But, we're at the point that I think fans are right about what's behind M's offensive woes and it's a combo of having too many cooks in the kitchen and Tim Drevno. If bringing on Cameron or Warinner as lone OC is in the making, I'm for it.
        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; February 9, 2018, 09:53 AM.
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• What's clear is that he continues to cast about for additional solutions without jettisoning past problems. Unless he's trying to secure someone before letting one of the others go. Dunno. It would feel great and ratify observables if Drevno and Hamilton were replaced.

Comment

• Crystal balls now saying that Stephon Herron is out.

Exactly as I predicted, recruiting continues to implode spectacularly.
            Last edited by Hannibal; February 19, 2018, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• Sky no longer falling -- Trente Jones 4* OT from Georgia to Michigan.

Listed at 6’6/282, he had offers from just about the whole SEC.

Comment

• Ranked 332nd nationally.

Comment

• Drevno gone. Thank goodness. Get somebody who can recruit.

Comment

• No talk of the 4-star QB that committed yesterday?

#basketballschool

Comment

• Cade McNamara is his name. I guess he decomitted from the Domers last month.

Comment

• Underwhelming prospect. Outside the top 250, #9 Pro-style QB. He's small framed, not your prototypical Harbaugh QB. However, he's reportedly got a decent skill set inlcuding escapeability from free pass rushing defenders leaking through a shitty OL he's playing behind. That could work for him at M. Some observers are suggesting McNamara's recrutiment signals JH may be changing his approach to offense although I think that is just wishful thinking.
                        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; March 17, 2018, 04:33 PM.
                        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Very good offer list, I'd guess he'll be bumped up eventually. M wasn't in on many other QBs, instate Dwan Mathis is Sparty and they chased another dual threat from Oregon, Michael Johnson who I think they preferred but appears heading to Oregon.

Comment

• Very weak QB class. There’s like 2 or 3 to get excited about and the rest are rolls of the dice.

Comment

• WM is asleep at the wheel. M has a new commit and no write up or nothing. Whatever you're doing in your real life it can't be as important as keeping us up-to-date on the world of HARBAUGH!!!! recruiting. Hop to!

M is now currently #3 in the 247 Team Rankings.

Comment

• We've been watching Basketball, dirtball ....... HARBAUGH!!! hitting ohio.

Clayton (OH) Northmont defensive end Gabe Newburg on Monday night, just before the basketball team played in the national championship game. He picked the Wolverines over offers from Cincinnati, Iowa, Michigan State, Rutgers, and some MAC programs. Newburg is 6’5″, 230 lbs. He claims a 4.73 forty, a 330 lb. bench, and a 215 lb. […]

Comment

Working...
                                X