Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he'll flip, but it won't be over a car or cash.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Oklahoma ?

Comment

• Not a bad pick up. Harbaugh's Michigan is getting its second wind. Along with Giles Jackson and Mike Morris last week, this class looks to be deep.

One thing is that players who don't work out have been moving on early, making room for more recruits. I'd like them all to be All B1G, but it's seems to work out well all around if there is clarity early in the athlete's college career.

Best of luck to all Michigan players, past, present, and future.

Comment

• For those who think he will flip, the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles is why he's Blue.

@SamWebb77
          FollowingFollowing @SamWebb77

Quote from Daxton Hill's dad says it ALL: "we want to win also, but (at #Michigannot winning at all or any cost

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
            So we'll get a good player for 3 years and a strong sense we didn't make the most out of it?
            Let's not get all BIW about things.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
              Where they'll get the absolute most out of him.
              Like Dee Hart and Deshawn Hand!

Comment

• For those who think he will flip, the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles is why he's Blue.
                I remember when Dashawn Hand said he picked Alabama because of its engineering program or something non-football related. I doubt anyone was harumphing moral principles and such. Very few kids ever say they picked a school because they want to win or they just love the coach or there is glaring positional hole , it's usually a variety of ostensible reasons that continue the student-athlete charade.

Anyway, that's a good pick up. M needs like 4-5 of these kids per class.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Daxton Hill is better right now than anyone currently playing safety for Michigan. We haven't had good safeties since Tripp Welborne and Vada Murray.
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• One thing is that players who don't work out have been moving on early, making room for more recruits.
                    That's no accident. Awhile ago it was quite the joke that The Nick would oversign and then begin his march to 85. Players who weren't going to be contributors were suddenly finding opportunities elsewhere. Now it's a SOP for most big programs, including M. With the new NCAA rules, schools will sign 25 kids every year. And with only 85 scholarship spots that's going to me significant roster management. It's the only way to run a competitive program these days.

Comment

• Daxton Hill is better right now than anyone currently playing safety for Michigan. We haven't had good safeties since Tripp Welborne and Vada Murray.
                      Yeah, but he couldn't say that. Heh. No -- I mean, he likes M and the staff and probably really likes Don Brown's defense and probably also likes the borderline players at safety ahead of him. And, of course, he wants to win at life.

Comment

• Can he play offensive tackle?

Comment

• No, but Trente Jones and Paw Paw Barnhart can. Plus...MAYFIELD!!!!

Comment

• It's hard to keep those Oklahoma kids. And there is a certain precedent for Chips who declare months early flipping before NSD.

Also, Talent is right about NICK OVERSIGNING! It's been quite the paradigm shift.

But good luck with him.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

That's no accident. Awhile ago it was quite the joke that The Nick would oversign and then begin his march to 85. Players who weren't going to be contributors were suddenly finding opportunities elsewhere. Now it's a SOP for most big programs, including M. With the new NCAA rules, schools will sign 25 kids every year. And with only 85 scholarship spots that's going to me significant roster management. It's the only way to run a competitive program these days.
                              Harbaugh clearly pushes guys out the door to make room but he doesn't oversign, strictly speaking.

Comment

• Harbaugh clearly pushes guys out the door to make room but he doesn't oversign, strictly speaking.
                                So he's at 85 on NLOID every year? So when he pushes people out the door he's dropping down into the 70s? I don't know how accurate the below link is, but they were at 82 to start the season after losing about 6 kids between NLOID and the start of the season: http://touch-the-banner.com/2018-scholarship-count/

Comment

Working...
                                X