Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of course. Who on earth is saying otherwise?
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Kalis isn't the one to be concerned with. He's firm with Michigan. I'm glad he gave Coach Hoke and his staff the opportunity to recruit him.

If nothing else, this can help show players in ohio that Hoke isn't the big bad wolf, and an ohio player playing at Michigan isn't such a bad thing. Historically, that has been proven, and only in the past few years has it been a problem.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Of course. Who on earth is saying otherwise?
        No one.

Comment

• ... and I know Hoke is referred to as "flounder", .. but he puts me more in mind of Fred Flintstone ....

Comment

• Sure...cage match, no time limit against Urban Meyer.......but the farm on our boy Hoke. He'd kick the shit out of him.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• .. of that, there is no doubt ...

... just tell Brady that Meyer hid all the beers in Ann Arbor, and watch the fun ...

Comment

• Jason Whitlock called him Fred Flintstone in a column during the coaching search for Michigan. Looking back on it now, Jason Whitlock was totally right!

Comment

• Webb says no Dunn this weekend. Interesting. Or not.

Comment

• Yabba Dabba Doo!
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Dymonte Thomas was offered a scholly today by OlieO.

... heh ... nice try ...

... maybe Meyer is trying to get us back for Kalis ....

Dymonte tweet: "Ohio state just offered me. Haha but it's too late I'm blue nation now!"

... very good, grasshopper ... your assimilation has gone well ...
                      Last edited by lineygoblue; December 13, 2011, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• Scout is reporting that Dunn has reconfirmed his commitment to OlieO.

As I said in the OlieO thread, I would have liked to have had him, because he's that big back that works in the style of offense that Hoke is trying to bring in. But, I guess the pressure to stay in the home state was just too much. I knew Meyer would put the full court press on him, and it looks like that's what happened.

Anyway, time to move on from that. Hopefully we can snag a big back in the 2013 class, and get someone that we already have to step up and fill that spot until help arrives. Fitz had a good second half. Maybe he can carry that over for his next two years.

I still say Dunn is going to get caught up in the switch to the spread offense, where his skills will be more as a blocker, rather than the guy that gets the ball all the time. And I predict that his playing time will decrease as Meyer brings in "spread" style of backs behind him.

But, what do I know? I'm just a fan ...
                        Last edited by lineygoblue; December 13, 2011, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• too bad. Score one for UM.

Comment

• I'm glad Dunn got it over with. It sounded like he was really struggling with the decision.

I do think he made a terrible choice. I think there is little chance he is selected high in the NFL draft now.
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Personally, I have a hard time buying this -- BUT, the "insider" who is really close with Dunn (and who broke this story) has said that Thomas will go where Dunn is.

Given the various tweets from Thomas over the past two weeks, I can't conceive of that. I wouldn't even mention it if it didn't come from a guy with a really good reputation. Anyway, I'd say next to zero chance.

cue Dumb & Dumber line

Comment

• We really need to score a stud in 2013 now.

Comment

Working...
                                X