This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know, the sandbox?
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• The linebacker out of Ohio is the seventh player in Michigan's 2012 recruiting class when he verbally committed on April 29.

"I hate to say it," Bolden said, "but there was stuff that went on with Notre Dame and 'Ohio' as well...with both those schools. I don't wanna say it upset me, but I have personal reasons to beat Notre Dame and Ohio."

Bolden's dislike of the Buckeyes stems from several poor experiences during the recruiting process.

"Ohio State didn't recruit me at the beginning. They didn't recruit me as much towards the end either. I wouldn't change my mind about Michigan even if they had. I am an Ohio kid who wanted to be a Michigan man. Now I want to beat Michigan State, Ohio State and Notre Dame every year."

Comment

• Good start for this young man!

Props to Hoke and staff if this is what they are looking for when bringing HS players in.
        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; May 3, 2011, 09:52 AM.
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
          I don't know, the sandbox?
          So has he only been playing organized football for one year, or was he playing safety or TE?

Comment

• Don't remember. Read it in GoBlueWolverine magazine. Recall Sam Webb saying something about Clark's limited experience.

Comment

• Rumblings that Farmington Hills Harrison defensive end Mario Ojemudia is Michigan bound beating out Stanford and Michigan State for his services. Word of an imminent announcement for M has been picking up since his teammate, Devin Funchess, pledged to the Wolverines.

Helmholdt has played down the idea of "imminent" saying it will come in the next 30 days and could go either way between MSU and M. A repected poster at Rivals says its a done deal for M but that information is not to be used to spoil the kid's day when he announces.

If true, Hoke/Mattison again trounces Dantonio in state. Would not be surprised to see rioting in EL and calls for MD's firing.
              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• If this turns out to be true, its a big coup for Michigan.

Farmington Hills Harrison's athletes have usually leaned toward MSU over the years. Mill Coleman, Drew Stanton, etc. Lots of very good players from there opted for East Lansing, and did not even consider Michigan.

With the arrival of Hoke and Mattison, its apparent that they want to be the "big dog" in Michigan, and a good haul from FH Harrison would get them started in good fashion.

FHH is a defending state champion, and is favored to win another next season.
                Last edited by lineygoblue; May 3, 2011, 01:42 PM.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• What a huge difference a year and a coach make.

Comment

• And some people wanted to give Rodriguez one more year when the handwriting was clearly on the wall. It would have been more wet dreams for the Schmuck and Sparty faithful.

I love seeing all of the block M's at the bottom of this MSU target list:

Last edited by Rocky Bleier; May 3, 2011, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• Lines ..... Stanton never held an M offer. Hence his hatred for our guys.

Hanni .... what a difference 4 MONTHS has made. All I'm waiting for is the icing on the cake with some solid football being played in the trenches this fall with the opponent's M faces, esp, ND, MSU and osu, leaving the field bruised losers wishing they hadn't played these soft Wolverine guys.

Comment

• Jeff .. I guess my point was that he never considered Michigan. He was MSU's all the way. In fact, I don't think he seriously considered ANY other school.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I remember Stanton citing MSU's depth chart being attractive to him, not sure if M recruited him.

Comment

• I don't see how the UM depth chart was any more daunting than MSU's at the time. Michigna had Navarre through 2003 and no one else. MSU had Smoker thorugh 2003 and no one else.

Of course, we ended up getting Henne, but Stanton didn't know that was going to happen.

I guess that isn't totally true--we had Matt Gutierrez at that point. Maybe that was enough to scare him away.

Comment

• They were in the same class I think, Gutierrez & Stanton.

Comment

• It wasn't that anything "scared" him away. Michigan didn't recruit the guy plain and simple.

Comment

Working...
                                X