Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasn't overly impressed with Shane Morris. Hope Devin Gardner gets the redshirt so SM can have time to develop.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Based on an All Star game. That's funny.

Comment

• Heh. It is.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Shane Morris's body of work over the past 3 years as a HS player speaks for itself. In an emergency, he probably could come in and be Michigan's starter, and lead the team to several victories. He'd make freshman mistakes, but I daresay that right now, he could probably lead the team to more victories in one season, than Sheridan and Threet combined for in their entire careers.

Unless Gardner gets injured, Morris won't have to play. I think Bellomy will probably get mop-up duty.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I hope Bellomy can. Love to RS Shane.

Comment

• I think Hoke would like to red shirt Morris. But, I wouldn't count on Morris staying all five years. As his NFL stock rises, the temptation to leave will grow. That's why we need to continue recruiting top QB talent.

Comment

• Shane Morris did not play against top-rate competition in high school. He missed much of his senior year. He locks in on receivers. He needs time to develop...probably more than one redshirt year. Meanwhile, it would be nice to have an experienced Devin Gardner for a 5th year.

Comment

• If Gardner gets the extra year, I think he'll have the same temptation that Morris will have. His NFL stock will increase with every game that he shines for Michigan. So, if he leads Michigan to a 10-11 win season, and a top bowl game victory, even if he's eligible for another year, I doubt that he'd stay.

Comment

• Let's just hope that Gardner's stock goes so high that he is the # 1 overall pick

By the way, I wonder how much Notre Dame is paying NBC for all the advertising the football program is getting on the Army AA game. All you hear is USC and ND.

Comment

• You have a much higher opinion of Devin Gardner than I do. He couldn't even beat out Denard Robinson. He's only started a handful of games. He's nowhere near NFL-ready now, and one good year next season isn't going to shoot him up to the high rounds of the NFL draft. Put another 26 games under his belt with consistent improvement and that might change.
                      Last edited by Rocky Bleier; January 5, 2013, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• Agree with Rocky. Gardner was a revelation this year, but that revelation was nothing more than that he's a viable QB at UM for as long as he's here. Not that he's a serious prospect. He could turn out to be, but for now I'm just glad Morris won't be forced into action next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                          You have a much higher opinion of Devin Gardner than I do. He couldn't even beat out Denard Robinson. He's only started a handful of games. He's nowhere near NFL-ready now, and one good year next season isn't going to shoot him up to the high rounds of the NFL draft. Put another 26 games under his belt with consistent improvement and that might change.
                          Well said, Rocky.

Imagine us, worried that Gardner leaves if he's too successful. Do I need to remind everyone that Michigan is now a second-rate football team that doesn't come close to matching up with UFM's Flagship?

Will everyone please try keeping up from now on?

Comment

• Don't get me wrong, I like Devin Gardner a lot, but he needs more experience before we can say he's one of the best in college football. He has only started 5 games.

Comment

• Rob,

osu is building quite a defense. We sorely need some playmakers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                                Rob,

osu is building quite a defense. We sorely need some playmakers.
                                I'm sure that's true but Michigan is building quite a defense also.

Comment

Working...
                                X