Announcement

Collapse

FORUM POSTING RULES - Read before posting

Forum Rules.

(1) The guiding principle for posting in this forum is moderate yourselves.

(2) Don't write a post that attacks, impugns or denigrates another poster's character. There's an obvious difference between the language of humor and hateful, debased language. Know the difference and post accordingly.

(3) This is a Michigan sports forum. The forum welcomes posts from M's sports rivals. Talking smack, posting sass is what college sports rivalries are all about. Rules (1) and (2) above apply. If you don't want to view the posts of a rival talking smack or sassing, use the ignore feature in User Controls.

(4) This forum is about sharing thoughts, ideas and viewpoints about all sports, any number of subjects and issues, learning stuff from other posters and having fun. There are threads by subject matter within the forum for doing this. Keep the threads on point.

NB: The rules above are not intended to build a case to ban a poster. There are consequences for rule breaking as specified below. That's as far as it should go. Only the most egregious and persistent rule breaking would cause the moderators to consider a ban.

Due Process.

(1) The forum has 6 moderators. Jeff Buchanan, Jon, JD, Hannibal, Oracle, Entropy. None of them want to moderate adult posters who should know better. There may be posts that break the rules.

(2) Posters who, at the sole discretion of a moderator, break a rule will be given a warning post that will site one of the rules listed above as the reason for the deletion.

(3) If the rule breaking behavior continues, a moderator can remove an offending post and any ensuing post that whines about that action. If a moderator removes a post(s) the reason for the removal(s) will be posted with the removal notice that appears in the thread. This should be the end of it. Man up, take responsibility for breaking the rules. The forum moves on. If not, see below.

(4) A poster who has had a warning or a post(s) removed can certify a question by PM to any moderator about that action. Do not complain about the action or attempt to make your case in the forum/threads. Moderators shall do their best to address the question within 72h. At the end of 72h the majority opinion of the moderators responding will be the answer.

(5) Banning a poster for egregious and repeated rule breaking requires a unanimous vote to ban from all 6 moderators. We don't anticipate this will ever happen.
See more
See less

UM Football Recruiting - by WM Wolverine

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like Pike is probably our man.

Comment

Zeke Pike could be the man at plenty of schools. Its going to be tough to get him to Ann Arbor.
      I put my phone on "airplane" mode, and now its in a holding pattern over Atlanta

Comment

Zeke Pike is seriously considering the Wolverines as is Maty Mauk.

Comment

I think I read over at Rivals that what could swing Pike to Michigan will be if he can do an official visit during football season. He's going to be busy with his own team, but if he can find a way to do it, it could help Michigan's chances in signing him.

What I like about Pike, (no pun intended) is his ability to run. He is a prototypical pro-set QB with his strong arm and size, but the kid can run too. He ran for something like 1200 yards last year, which is not bad, even for a RB.

Mauk would be a good get too, but he'll be hard to pry away from Notre Dame. His big brother played for Brian Kelly at Cincy, and Kelly has a good relationship with the Mauk family.
          I put my phone on "airplane" mode, and now its in a holding pattern over Atlanta

Comment

From more I've seen on Mauk, his HS team ran an even more up-tempo style of the spread and shred, if you can imagine that. Throwing the ball something like 80% of the time, frequently with an empty backfield. When running plays were actually called, it was just Mauk taking off with the ball.

Exciting? Yes. Can the kid throw? Absolutely! Is this were Borges/Michigan are headed? I doubt it. They know way more than I do, though, so it doesn't matter what I think!

Comment

They are recruiting the kids skills, not his system he played in high school. Mauk (a favorite of mine) is skilled and talented enough to run any system...

Pike maybe closer to what Borges/Hoke are looking from in a QB, a recruit who is in the discussion as one of the very best QB's in this recruiting class.

Comment

Ron Thompson TE/WR expected to announce in the next week, M should land him.

Comment

Joe Bolden LB (4*, Ohio) listing M as a favorite and could decide before the end of April...

This class could end up really good, especially if Zeke Pike QB is recruiting some national blue chip WR's/RB's as some allege he is doing. Stated already but there is a ton of talent at DE in the midwest; M should land talent at the positions it really needs young help at: QB, TE, OL, DL & LB.
                  Last edited by WM Wolverine; April 7th, 2011, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Gotta close the deal on Pike and at least one big time WR. Two would be nice, but we don't have much space unless there's some attrition.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                      At USC you get well paid, your coach provides no discipline, and you "have" the best looking girls in the country. What's so hard to figure about that?
                      yeah I was thinking the same thing rock.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Maybe if we get Pike committed, he can jump in and help recruit a top notch WR.

Comment

Sounds like Ron Thompson TE/WR hasn't decided yet. He's M to lose.

Comment

He wants to take his visits, and it is always harder to get schools to give you an official visit if you are already committed to another school. I think Thompson commits before football season begins.

Comment

I think you're right Linesman and I suspect we are going to see a lot of late deciders for the 2012 class and a scramble in the last few months and weeks of the recruiting period as the top players and schools in the hunt for them maneuver.

We've had this general discussion before but the NCAA rules make it hard on the kids, their families and the schools/coaches that are doing the recruiting. I'm a casual observer, know a little and have read some of the rules. They are mindbogglingly complicated .....

..... of course, osu has solved that problem by simply not following any of them.
                              On Harbaugh's expectations for M football in 2015 (NFL NETWORK): We'd rather be about it than talk about it."

Comment

..... of course, osu has solved that problem by simply not following any of them.
                                sh#t disturber!

Comment

Working...
                                X