Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• The headlines on this make me wonder. It's tempting to ask why he decommitted specifically now, especially after the ``I'm getting really comfortable with this place'' stuff and the three visits in a row. But hey -- if he committed to Michigan then it would be a year of fending off others. So great job for now and let's keep pushing.

Comment

• Pretty sure he's enrolling early, so at least it wouldn't have to be a full year.

Comment

• I'd be pleasantly surprised if Drake ends up at Michigan, but its great to hear that he's de-committed from MSU. We don't need him on their roster.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• M has as good or better shot than anyone right now. Still a long race left to land him but M wouldn't switch spots with anyone right now...

Good year for M to have a small recruiting class, not a lot of top talent in the midwest (outside of Illinois). M is recruiting its top targets hard, letting them know space is at a premium.

Comment

• I doubt he becomes a Wolverine. He says he wants to to play for a National Championship contender. Hoke sell Big Ten Championships.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Oh shit! I forgot about that. Yeah, we're screwed.

Comment

• Given how strong OSU looks like it's going to be under Meyer, those two goals aren't that far apart.

Either way, Hoke's recruiting indicates that he is shooting for the stars.

Comment

• Just a pet peeve. Meyer talks national. Hoke talks regional. How many times have you heard him say that kids come to Michigan to win Big Ten championships?

Comment

• Agreed, Rocky.

Comment

• I'm sure Hoke wants to win a NC. I just wish he'd emphasize it more since his main competitor does.

Comment

• This being a sports forum, if I agree with you that's the end of it, so even though I do my official position here is that Hoke does not want to win an NC. In fact I hear that there's a clause he insisted on having written into his contract docking him 10% of his salary if the team wins an MNC. We're doomed!!!

Comment

• Comment

• Outside of Bama who signs as many players as they please and releases them when they don't produce, not many are recruiting at the level of Hoke. Ohio State, Florida, Florida State, USC, ND & Texas. With the exception of ND, everyone of these universities have tons of talent in their back yards yet Hoke is recruiting at a similar level. I find it hard to fault him for anything he is doing off the football field and very little on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                                .......... I find it hard to fault him for anything he is doing off the football field and very little on it.
                                No question, Hoke and his staff can recruit. I do think his targets are more clearly contained in a box that is defined by factors Saban and probably ufm don't care about. Because of that, those two programs are going to have a better talent pool to draw from. Then, Saban has his own set of over signing rules that confer a significant advantage to his teams.

That means Hoke's coaching staff have to do a better job squeezing the most out of the talent they get than either ufm or Saban or Kelley or a host of other contenders on the national scene. I've not seen any indication that on the offensive side of the ball they are even close. He hired Borges. I think that will be his Achilles heel.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X