Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoke's/Borges' offenses to date he's had to design around Denard Robinson, a limited yet unique quarterback who despite his detractors here was a special offensive talent. I don't think the coaches maximized his talents but I also question the mediocre talent Denard had around him on offense so defenses often knew they could key on Denard...

Hoke's first full recruiting class will be true sophomores, redshirt freshman in '13. This isn't yet Hoke's 'ideal' offense, roster. He's still coaching mostly RR's recruits. I expect to see a much different and hopefully improved, offense this upcoming season without it being designed around Denard Robinson.

Comment

• WM: we have learned that Illinois talent is expensive (Jordan Diamond, L. Treadwell) pay to play, that is the Chicago Way

Comment

• Some in-state Michigan talent is expensive too, e.g. Ronald Johnson, who was silently committed to the Wolverines for most the summer and fall. USC landed him while his mother raved about shopping trips to Rodeo Drive. Barksdale (end up at LSU) is another local prospect who rivals insiders subtly hinted he was looking for more than just a scholarship to play football.

If my sources are correct at rivals, M shuts down everyone's recruitment who they think have a handler and is looking for extra benefits.

Comment

• I think the guys that M is after in Chicago aren't that type; they are going to have some tough fights for those guys with Notre Dame and/or Ohio State.

They are going after 3 TE's from Illinois: Weishar (ND lean), Bunting (will be new addition to recruiting board) & Helm... M will probably take two and they'd be lucky to land any of the two...

Jamarco Jones OL is an 'elite' OL prospect, probably a fringe guy to make my recruiting board though very early he showed good interest in M but he has offers from most everybody now...

Nyles Morgan LB is a top LB recruit but M is preferring to steal Berger away from the Buckeys so they'll turn up the interest on Morgan after Berger (OSU vs M battle) decides...

Parker Westphal is arguably M's top CB target, Peppers is probably a long shot and a guy who will decide late. This staff has shown a tendency to take a recruit they really like that is going to decide early than wait for an elite recruit to decide. Westphal was high on M very early and still is. M is probably just 'in the mix' for Peppers.

Very good year for talent in Illinois, I'm hoping M can at least get a draw with ND on these head-to-head battles as Chicago/Illinois is essentially ND's home region.

Comment

• Ohio State feels very good about Jamarco Jones and Berger.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Sam Webb spoke to Drake Harris's father on WTKA. Doesn't sound as he's as being portryaed over at the RCMB:

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Can provide a quick recap for those not in a position to listen to a podcast at the moment?

Comment

• Drake's very humble. Would not intentionally put down MSU. Drake has always been a fan of MSU basketball, and Michigan football. Dad grew up a Michigan fan. Family discovered things about U-M they didn't know before (positive). Looking for vertical pasing game, coaching stability, and family atmosphere.
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Cool, thanks...

Comment

• What does RCMB stand for?

Comment

• Red Cedar Message Board

Comment

• Not that it's a surprise, but I'd take Berger off your board.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Haven't really touched the board for awhile and M is offering other LB'ers and they are only taking two of them (Michael Ferns on board already); which implies they aren't confident on their top targets (e.g. Berger).

Comment

• Jabrill Peppers CB, 5-star, (#2 overall recruit, from Jersey) had a 'great, great' visit to Ann Arbor. He's a B10 ready cornerback when he steps on campus. M will have to compete with everybody for him; OSU, Bama, LSU, ND & Stanford... Grew up a Wolverine fan...

Him and De'Shawn Hand DE (#1 overall) are the top overall targets on M's board, after those two I'd peg Drake Harris as M's three most exciting recruitments to watch. They'll all be long and 'tough' recruitments that'll last probably in to the winter.

Comment

• M also landed a grayshirt DT, I'll give more info on him when I find out who he is.

Comment

Working...
                                X